Master in Public Affairs
College Hill, USA
Earliest start date
Our MPA program provides students with the analytical foundations, policy domain knowledge, field experience, interdisciplinary tools, and leadership skills they need to tackle today's most intractable problems.
Brown University offers a one–year Master of Public Affairs (MPA) program with an accelerated schedule (summer–fall–spring) for full–time students. Our MPA program provides students with the analytical foundations, policy domain knowledge, field experience, interdisciplinary tools, and leadership skills they need to tackle today's most intractable problems. The Brown University program prepares students for careers spanning public service, all levels of government, NGOs, foundations, and the private sector.
Distinct features of our program include:
- Rigorous, multidisciplinary curriculum that includes global travel and study
- Small class size and accessible faculty
- Full–time consultancy project with leading policy organizations
- High–touch learning experience with dedicated career planning and professional coaching support
- Faculty comprised of world–renowned researchers and experienced practitioners
- Merit–based aid available
- The only one–year Master of Public Affairs degree program from an Ivy League institution
The program's skills courses are designed to equip students with the data analytical tools and leadership skills needed to understand and address some of the world's most pressing problems. Students also engage in a three–month consultancy project. Students may apply to pursue a data–driven policy specialization to gain the tools needed to turn large data sets and behavioral science into improved policy.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.