MA Learning & Teaching in Creative Industries
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The MA Learning & Teaching in Creative Industries has been thoughtfully designed so that it perfectly suits both new and experienced educators.
This course is available at BIMM Music Institute UK (Brighton, Bristol).
This course supports excellence, no matter whether you’re starting your journey as a teacher or looking to deepen your existing knowledge, skills, and experience. It’s both flexible and comprehensive, giving you the tools you need to lead the way in the education sector.
By the end of your course, you can expect to be a highly creative, thoughtful, and collaborative educator with theskill sett to succeed in both further and higher education. You’ll develop your skills, knowledge, and agency as a teacher, as well as learn to use educational theory and undertake your primary research. We take a highly person-centered approach, offering expert tuition, one-to-one mentoring, engaging practical workshops, and guided independent study.
Aside from skills development and knowledge acquisition, you will learn to critically examine and challenge beliefs and attitudes to find your voice as an educator.
- Mode of attendance: Our flexible MA courses offer full-time and part-time options to provide an educational experience that works around you.
- Length of course: 1 year (full-time) or 2 years (part-time)
- Awarding institution: BIMM University
- Campus delivery: BIMM Institute Brighton, Bristol
- Language of study: English
- Final award: MA Learning & Teaching in Creative Industries
Scholarships and Funding
Early Confirmation Discount
An early confirmation discount for study in the UK of £2,000 or €2,000 for study in Germany or Ireland for each year of study is available to all international students ineligible for home (domestic) fees who have an offer to study with us at any of our campuses in the UK, Germany or Ireland.
To be eligible for the Early Confirmation Discount, you must:
- Be an overseas applicant ineligible for home (domestic) fees
- Apply and receive an offer to study a BIMM University course
- Accept your offer
- Pay your deposit, if applicable, by the deadline of 15th June 2024
- The scholarship will automatically be deducted from your fees when you enroll.
This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer, or scholarship.
Future Talent Scholarship
Launching for September 2024 entry, the new Future Talent Scholarships provide a full 3-year tuition fee for undergraduate students studying courses in music, film, acting, or creative technology. These scholarships are aimed at candidates from low-income households and/or groups under-represented in the creative industries. We are looking to support those who demonstrate talent in their chosen discipline, strong creative potential, and a high motivation for a career in the creative industries.
The scholarship offers financial support, a supportive training environment, and a skills and career development program designed to support progression to future careers in the creative industries.
Please note: module names and structure may be subject to change.
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Leading Educational Change
- Creative Educational Practice
- Investigating Learning and Teaching
- Education, Ideology and Society
- Curriculum and Instructional Design
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Research Dissertation
Program Tuition Fee
Graduates will be qualified to work as teaching practitioners, administrators and leaders in creative arts institutions at Further Education and Higher Education levels.
They will also be able to use the course to further self-employed careers such as one-to-one teaching, creative workshops, curriculum consultation or developmental coaching.