Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (M.A.C.M.)
USD 525 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* per hour. Includes scholarship discount. Additional fees may apply
The 60-hour Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (MACM) degree is designed to equip persons for competent leadership in some form of specialized ministry in congregations and other settings.
The MACM degree at George W. Truett Theological Seminary provides a basic foundation of study in biblical and theological disciplines, while also preparing students for ministry within and alongside the church. The degree consists of a minimum of 60 hours and normally requires at least two years of full-time study to complete.
To enable students to:
- Develop an informed approach to the history, literature, and theology of the Old and New Testaments, recognizing the importance of Scripture for life and faith.
- Understand the rich texture of the church's historic and confessional witness to the Gospel.
- Articulate the concepts and practices associated with effective ministry in the 21st century.
- Contextualize biblical, theological, and practical knowledge in a ministerial setting
- Nurture personal and communal spiritual formation as a foundation for a life of ministry
- Foster a commitment to lifelong learning through involvement in educative events outside the classroom proper.
- Music Leadership in Worship
- Spiritual Formation & Discipleship
- Family Ministry
- Sports Ministry
- Congregational Ministry*
- Cross-Cultural Ministry
*At this time, Congregational Ministry is the only concentration available to students completing their MACM degree in Houston.
Information for International Students
It is strongly suggested that international students submit their application 1-2 years prior to the term in which they plan to enroll. In addition to the application for admission, required international documents (which are provided following admission) need to be completed and approved by the following dates in order to allow appropriate time for visa processing:
- Summer - March 15
- Fall - June 1
- Spring - October 15
Given the many adjustments for new students arriving in the U.S. and Truett Seminary, it is mandatory that international students come alone for their first semester at Truett. It is in the best interest of the student and their family that this is in place, as it (1)allows for the student to adjust to challenges of their move and seminary life, (2) allows the student to determine the financial implications of family living here and better discern if and when the family will arrive, and (3) allows the student to become familiar with the Waco community and investigate any school/educational options for young children. Additional financial resources are needed for living expenses and required health insurance for each family member. As with the student, documentation of resources to cover family expenses is required by the US CIS and is extremely costly.
Exam Requirements* - TOEFL or IELTS:
International applicants must provide a test score from one of these tests.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)- Applicants must attain a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based exam, 213 on the computer-based exam, or 80 on the internet-based exam.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)- Applicants must attain a minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS exam.
*TOEFL or IELTS scores are not required (1) if the applicant has a degree conferred by a U.S. accredited higher education institution, or (2) if the official language of their country, or region of their country, is English. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. After that time, the applicant must retake the test and submit the new scores to Truett Seminary.
Next Steps with Baylor University
If offered acceptance, international student admission will be processed following receipt of an enrollment deposit, at which time Baylor University’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Office will send communication regarding the next steps. For questions about visa processing and immigration requirements, please contact ISSS directly at [email protected] or 254-710-1461.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.