Master of Accounting in Forensic Analysis
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
MYR 29,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for Malaysian students. RM36,800 (USD 9,315) for international students
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Exposure towards both financial and managerial aspects of accounting.
- Knowledge of current and latest practices and principles of accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting concepts and standard procedures.
- Exposures towards professionalism and ethical standards needed to execute accountabilities and responsibilities in evaluation and decision making.
Full-time (1+ years)
Dual Degree Award:
Modules & Project/Dissertation
The modules of this programme will provide the knowledge and analytical skills to explore and explain the principles and practices of accounting.
You will be expected to engage in comprehensive research through a critical review of published material relevant to Accounting in Forensic Analysis. Thorough review is carried out on theoretical and empirical literature from which a conceptual or theoretical framework is derived. Sources of literature will range from academic papers, business case history and consultancy reports. Existing theories and research findings will be utilized to create solutions or opportunities to address challenges in today’s international business climate. Identification of such opportunities or challenges will be important factors in modern business strategies and planning. Business case history will be utilized to research and analyse either the strategies of an organization or the application of specific concepts, theories or techniques as well as analyse the effectiveness and outcomes. The consultancy reports will be utilized to examine contemporary problems faced by one or more organizations and to recommend strategies and actions to be taken by the organization(s). Case study would be the core focal point of content delivery for this course.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a coherent and advanced understanding of the concepts, principles of accounting, its applications and financial workings, and also the application of such understanding in using those financial assets to the real world of business and investment.
- Describe and comment on advanced scholarship in accounting and finance and critically evaluate arguments and assumptions to make judgments.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and appropriately respond to ethical issues in the practice of accounting by incorporating appropriate professional codes of conduct and social responsibility.
- Use oral, written and electronic communication to elicit information, to explain, debate and present complex arguments, knowledge and rationale to different audiences and circumstances.
- Gather, interpret, evaluate, analyze and apply relevant professional standards to complex accounting-related issues, and come to well-reasoned conclusions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and professional development by reading and critically appraise management theory.
Who should attend
This programme is specially designed for enhancing the current group of accounting graduates or practitioners who may need to further advance, improve their fundamental understanding of the accounting profession and the market needs from the academic perspective. It is a process of preparation as well as upgrading their skills.