Master's Program in Islamic Studies American International Theism University
Definition of the program and its goal
International conflicts, especially those that stem from the clash of civilizations, are due to the ideology or way of thinking that controls the minds of the decision-makers who imagine that the world should proceed within the framework of the clash of civilizations.
On the basis of saying that Islamic law is a valid law that is applicable to every time and place, and that Islam does not oppose developments and innovations in various areas of life, whether intellectual, cultural, social or other areas, so there was a need for a new religious discourse that discusses many contemporary intellectual issues And the current developments in accordance with the provisions and principles of Islamic law. What is required is the creation of a new heritage that can be criticized and evaluated.
Hence, the idea of this program, which differs from other traditional programs for Islamic studies, arose through the interest in the applied and practical programs that are relied upon in the study, without being satisfied with the theoretical and traditional aspect that is recognized, and these applied programs that can be relied upon in the study of this program Below :-
- Conduct free group discussions.
- Studying phenomena in their natural conditions, and conducting research and applied studies on them.
- Display research models for simulation and criticism.
- Application of principles in solving everyday and actual problems.
- Cognitive discovery.
- Analyzing intellectual texts related to contemporary issues, and training in their criticism.
- Conducting descriptive studies.
- A detailed, in-depth description of the cases under study.
- Assigning several field visits and conducting reports on them.
- Conducting exploratory discussions, by posing the problem and questions and answering them.
- Collecting and analyzing data related to a group of individuals.
- Study quantitative and qualitative data related to many factors such as institutions and individuals.
- Assigning researchers to conduct assignments and research using modern technology.
- Assigning researchers to prepare written reports on many issues related to the study.
- Test samples for research to obtain results that can be applied in the process of community improvement and development.
- Examining many examples and evidences from the facts mentioned in the Holy Qur’an, and the applications received from the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him and the Companions, may God be pleased with them.
- Dialogue and discussion.
- Summarize and analyze information and display it with projectors.
This program also differs from other traditional programs, through many goals that it contributes to achieving, which are: -
- Developing your career and building a bright future by acquiring the skills and knowledge required in your field.
- Interacting and participating in finding solutions to contemporary issues.
- Preparing a qualified administrative, case and leader cadre capable of raising the scientific and professional competence, especially for governmental, political, educational and community institutions, in addition to developing their own performance.
- Promoting the outputs of educational programs in terms of skills and knowledge and working to employ them properly for community service.
- Advocating for good morals and attention to moral values which are an essential component of development.
- Implanting the good and influential qualities in the cohesion and strength of society, such as affection, love and bonding.
- Study the ethical principles and values by learning about the provisions of the Qur’an and the teachings of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, which qualify the Muslim to be positive and effective in society through his contribution to the process of building and development.
- Enabling the researcher to properly understand Islamic law and Islamic knowledge, and apply them in practice.
- Study Sharia and Islamic sciences and studies
- Working to clarify the characteristics of Islamic legislation in the fields of family, society, politics and economics.
After completing this program, it is possible to work in many of the following areas: -
- Diplomat in embassies and national institutions of the state.
- Work in many ministries, such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Information, Interior, Endowments, Education and Culture.
- Teacher and educational supervisor in institutions affiliated with ministries and government agencies.
- Scholarship to work in international Islamic and cultural centers
- Religious and legal advisor in research and international bodies and agencies spread all over the world.
- A member of the teaching staff in institutes and universities
- Work in the field of educational and religious media.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Islamic community.
- Preparing cultural and religious programs in the field of media at its various levels.
- An employee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the international departments of other ministries.
- Member of an advisory board in refereed scientific journals.
- Members and technicians of the Islamic Research Academy.
- Sharia researcher at Dar Al Ifta and Fatwa Committee in Al-Azhar
- Research and linguistic scrutiny in universities and research and scientific centers
- Editorial and linguistic review in newspapers and various media.
- Public speaking and preaching in the Ministry of Endowments.
- A good community member who contributes to the development and building of society.
- Work in the fields of arbitration in many international centers and institutions.
The program includes 10 semesters in addition to the master's thesis. These semesters are studied through constant communication between the researcher and the faculty member through all available means of communication, and these materials are as follows: -
1- The role of Islamic law in protecting the environment (environmental protection in the Sunnah)
The Islamic Sharia developed an integrated approach to preserving and protecting the environment on earth, sky, water, air, food, plants and inanimate objects, so that it remains a source of goodness, happiness and stability for the human being in every place and time. Whoever preserves it and works to protect it, and intimidation by warning against spoiling it and warning against contaminating it and wasting its protection.
The study of this article is based on a statement of the precedence of Islamic law in preserving the environment and guiding everyone to the provisions included in Islamic law that contribute to preserving the environment, and studying many applications that indicate this. This article also depends on the application side, conducting research and applied studies, and case studies Specific, in addition to collecting and analyzing data, and conducting group discussions that aim to avoid many environmental problems, which occur due to human encroachment on them, whether related to depleting their resources, or polluting them, and reaching radical results and solutions that contribute to effectively protecting the environment. .
2- The ethics of the profession and its impact on achieving development (professional ethics from an Islamic perspective)
The study of this subject is focused on research in the conceptualization of professional ethics, its impact on the development and building of society, and its controls, by conducting discussions and studies that clarify and discuss the importance of work and its place in Islam, and the importance of ethics and the correlation between it and work, by reviewing the importance of professional ethics And methods of enhancing them, and applying them in all systems, institutions and bodies, in addition to their application in the labor market, which prepares the researcher for him, interaction and participation in finding solutions to contemporary issues in this field.
3- Principles of the Sciences of the Noble Qur’an (The aim of the revelation of the Qur’an)
The Noble Qur’an is the word of God Almighty revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, transmitted by frequency, and recorded in the Qur’an the worshiper with his recitation, and the miraculous one even if it is written by him. Which includes guiding people, miracles, and worship by reciting it, in addition to knowing the wisdom of the revelation of the Noble Qur’an as a fortune, in light of many applications received from the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace.
So that researchers have a high and wide culture with regard to the study of the Noble Qur’an, by devising many morals and rulings that qualify them to specialize in the field of advocacy and guidance, and to contribute to building and developing society.
4- The system of pardon in Islam (the approach of the Messenger, may God bless him and grant him peace)
This article deals with the system of pardon and forgiveness in Islamic law. Islam urges pardon, paves the way for it, desires it, and lays the foundations upon which it is based. This article deals with: -
- Urging the street to pardon, in order to protect people's blood, money and honor, and to preserve rights.
- Demonstrating respect for other religions, for the teachings of the Islamic religion respect other religions, for the diversity, plurality and difference between people in languages, color, and ethnicity is the will of God Almighty and His will in His creation, so it is not conceivable that a society is isolated from other societies, and Islam came to regulate the relationship of a Muslim with others Muslims and non-Muslims.
- Freedom to enter Islam. Islam has guaranteed freedom of religion for everyone, so it is not permissible to force or coerce anyone to convert to Islam.
- Justice in dealing with non-Muslims, as Islam requires fair behavior in dealing with others, and does not make their difference in religion a reason for transgression or injustice.
- It is permissible to deal with non-Muslims, because Islam has permitted dealing and accepting gifts from non-Muslims, just as Islam's tolerance in dealing with non-Muslims in buying and selling, foreclosure, and comforting them in times of calamities, and the evidence for that is from the actions of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him.
- Islam has granted freedom to non-Muslims to adhere to their religion, and it has also permitted them to practice their own religious rites. There are many applications that indicate this from the actions of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him.
- Islam tolerated it with Christians. There are many pictures and applications of Islam’s permission to deal with Christians.
- Islam tolerance with the Jews, there are many applications that explain Islam's tolerance in dealing with the Jews, which is represented in helping them if they are poor and have no money, equality between them and Muslims in the judiciary, and other examples and applications.
The call for forgiveness and forgiveness, a call to benevolence, human love and human supremacy. Islam’s relationship with the previous heavenly religions is the brother’s relationship with his brothers and siblings, and the Qur’an’s relationship with the previous divine books is a relationship of affirmation and ratification.
5- The role of Islamic law in combating human trafficking (Purposes of Islamic law and combating human trafficking)
The phenomenon of human trafficking has become a global phenomenon, as the international community has recently witnessed an escalation of this phenomenon, especially trafficking in children and women, and with the increase in armed conflicts, whether international or internal, and the presence of many areas suffering from instability and internal unrest, transnational organized crime gangs have proliferated. This is in order to achieve the huge sums and the exploitation of many victims in all illegal activities, and this study deals with the essential concept of legal objectives, which refers to the goals and objectives of Islamic legislation, and is among its aims to combat human trafficking, by addressing the concept of the purposes of Islamic law, and The link between them and combating human trafficking, as the methods of combating are linked to the necessary legitimate intentions, which are the preservation of offspring, self-preservation, the purpose of religion and the preservation of money.
It also deals with conducting many studies, statistics and international reports that refer to studying the current situation of this phenomenon, conducting group discussions and asking questions and solutions that address the most important aspects related to this phenomenon, to work on combating it and testing samples and studies for many cases under study.
6- The culture of dialogue in Islam (upscale dialogue in Islamic law)
This course deals with the study of aspects related to thought and dialogue, for dialogue is one of the methods enjoyed by people of high minds, culture and good taste, and the Qur’anic dialogue with people of different factions, is what prompts every Muslim to follow the path of the Holy Qur’an in guidance and advocacy, for Islam is the religion of existing dialogue On the will of understanding and knowledge, not on the exercise of social and political, intellectual and psychological coercions, and this article is summarized in the study of sophisticated dialogue in various areas of life, and that from the standpoint of the family and society, and the different political orientations, God Almighty created people different in their thinking, their minds, their morals, and their actions. Some may be similar from near or far, but not to the extent of identicalness, and therefore one of the best means to reach truth, rapprochement and harmony is dialogue with others.
As it aims to bridge the gap between viewpoints and get to know the opinion and the other opinion, and to participate in developing solutions to many contemporary problems, by conducting effective discussions that contribute to solving the dialogue crisis that the world is experiencing today, in light of sectarian and religious enumerations, away from any political trends Or intellectual.
7- The etiquette and teachings of Islam in light of the Qur’an and Sunnah (the etiquette and teachings of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace)
The etiquette of Islam is a set of rulings, rules, remembrance and supplications that a Muslim must abide by, which are mentioned in the Sharia texts and the noble prophetic hadiths, which include all aspects of psychological, spiritual and material life. The study of this material is summarized in the morals and teachings that the Holy Qur’an is interested in, as its verses contain many teachings. Related to the structure and scope of the family, which is originally one of the basic principles and rules in Islamic law, which the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, taught and referred to in many situations, such as the etiquette of entering and seeking permission, etiquette on the road, as well as the etiquette of eating and drinking, and other etiquette and teachings of Islam that were mentioned In the Qur’an and Sunnah.
This is with the aim of organizing a person's private life, and adhering to what gives him the reward and reward from God Almighty, in addition to following them gives an honorable image to the Muslim, and makes him a person committed to the values and ideals that contribute to the development of society.
8- Disciplinary provisions in Islamic law (disciplinary controls and fields)
This article deals with studying the provisions related to discipline in various areas of life and conducting many exploratory discussions and asking questions and solutions aimed at combating the phenomenon of physical violence, and bypassing the right to discipline. Reform the condition of human beings, as the provisions and rules of Islamic law included the correct behavior and path that a person must follow, and the provisions of discipline in various forms and fields were legislated at the level of the family and society, and the wise lawmaker granted some groups the right to discipline and to those who have special qualities, such as ruler, father, husband and teacher And that is through the husband's disciplining of his wife, and the father of his children, and discipline in the field of public office, and other disciplinary areas, but this right must be in light of adherence to the restrictions and controls legally established for the use of this right, such as the moral and material restrictions, and stipulated in the Qur’an. Generous. And to be aimed at achieving the interests of the individual and society.
9- Virtues in light of the Qur’an and Sunnah (encouraging good deeds)
This course deals with the study of the virtues mentioned in the noble Qur’an verses and the noble Prophet’s hadiths, which are mentioned in the virtues of deeds that are closer to God Almighty, and are a cause of encouragement to do good deeds, and a lot of it and concern for it, when knowing thanks to it, such as the virtue of ablution, prayer and fasting Zakat, supplication, and other deeds. This course deals with researching the virtues of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him and his companions, so that researchers have a high and broad culture in studying the rulings and rules of Islamic law, enabling them to interact and participate in achieving the goals and purposes of Islamic law and its application in various In the political, social and cultural fields, and in other fields.
10- Methods and methods of research
The study of this material depends on explaining the concept of research, and identifying its methods, with the aim of understanding the basics of research, and knowing the research papers and proposals.
Duration of study
This program is studied through 10 semesters, a total of 68 hours, with 6 credit hours for each subject, studied in 6 weeks, in addition to the thesis that includes research papers and proposals, and is completed within 8 accredited hours, and a study can be completed This program will take place within one year, according to the student’s ability to comprehend and comprehend, which enables him to pass this program during this period.
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree, bachelor's degree, or equivalent
How to register
- Sending the certificates obtained by the student and the requirements for registration to the registration office
- Registration for the first semester
- Pay the expenses