MSc in Finance ALBA Graduate Business School
MSc in Finance
The MSc in Finance aims at preparing aspiring and seasoned finance professionals equipped with the skills, knowledge, and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and highly rewarding world of finance. The MSc in Finance is widely acknowledged as the premier academic qualification for those interested in a career in areas such as banking, corporate finance, investment management, risk management and treasury management.
This program presents a premier academic qualification for those interested in an international career in finance in Greece and abroad. While the modern corporate world experiences cataclysmic changes and disruptions in the way that capital markets operate, our MSc in Finance program prepares aspiring and seasoned finance professionals for a successful career in the areas of banking, corporate finance, investment management, risk management and treasury management.
We offer four specialization streams, namely: 1.Investments 2. Corporate Finance 3. Risk Management 4. Fintech
The innovative design of the program and its market led curriculum equips students with relevant, up to date, skills and knowledge while offers a flexible program of study that enables students to choose from a variety of courses and adjust the duration of their studies according their own needs. The program is both affiliated by CFA and PRMIA, accredited by EPAS and NECHE and regularly reviewed by both academic and practitioner committees to strike an optimum balance between theory and practice. These committees review the curriculum and the delivery methods while ensure that the program offers sufficient practical applications of the knowledge that make sense in today’s world of business. As a result of the above efforts we manage to maintain exceptionally high placement rates, reaching up to 90% in a 6-month period after graduation.
Pathway collaboration with MIT on the MITx MicroMasters program in Finance
We are the only educational institution in Greece that has a pathway collaboration with MIT on the MITx MicroMasters program in Finance. Based on this collaboration, the holders of this particular MITx MicroMasters credential could apply for admission at the Alba MSc in Finance and, upon acceptance, will be awarded up to 25% of the academic units in the MSc coursework.
Key features of the program
- Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00, twice or three times per week on average
- A 14-month program
- Field trip to foreign universities and financial instructions abroad.
- Interaction with international students and participation in international student exchange programs
- 8 core modules and 2 workshops
- 4 specialization streams: Investments, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Fintech
- Assessment: group reports/presentations, case study analysis, interim tests, final exams
- Access to the state of art, Simulating Trading Room of the American College of Greece at Aghia Paraskevi Campus
- Scholarships for the CFA Exams
- Dissertation or Individual Consulting Project or 2 electives.
Alba has been welcomed in the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. Our MSc in Finance has been acknowledged as incorporating at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and placing emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice within the program. This program positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, which has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world.
Entry into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program signals to potential students, employers, and the marketplace that ALBA’s curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well-suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA examinations. Through participation in this program, ALBA is eligible to receive a limited number of student scholarships for the CFA Program each year.
The curriculum has 4 streams of studies.
EDUNIVERSAL BEST MASTER RANKING 2021
On April 2021, Eduniversal published its new 2021 ranking of the Best Masters & MBA programs. The rankings include 50 specializations, covering 136 different countries within 9 geographic zones. More than 22,000 postgraduate programs from 1800 universities and schools across the world were proposed and evaluated and 5416 programs were ranked.
Many of Alba programs appear in a prominent position within their category.
After Completing the Program Participants should be able to:
- Comprehend qualitatively and quantitatively the core areas of finance
- Understand current trends and practices in the financial industry. Excellence in teaching:
- Understand and critically evaluate the practical applications of financial theories and techniques and how they are used in the financial industry
- Apply the techniques and methods of finance to conduct independent research projects
- Display strong analytical and communication skills
- Appreciate the importance of business ethics and corporate social responsibility
Scholarships and Funding
Partial scholarships are available for international students up to 30% on tuition fees. If you would like to see whether you are eligible please fill out this form.
Program Tuition Fee
The MSc in Finance Applicant Profile
In order to apply for the MSc in Finance, candidates should have a good quantitative background, with degrees in Business, Economics, Engineering or Science, a genuine interest in finance, leadership potential, good communication skills and ample motivation to succeed. In addition, since English is the language of instruction, it is essential that all participants have an excellent command of the English language. GMAT score is expected as it will strengthen the application.
The MSc in Finance Is Designed for:
- University graduates with a solid quantitative background wishing to launch a career in finance.
- Professionals who hold finance related positions and want to enhance their professional status.
During your studies here at Alba, you will experience numerous rewarding and exciting challenges. Apart from academics, selecting the right career path and finding the ideal job opportunity is an extremely important and difficult task. We at the Career Office are committed to supporting you in your job search and will provide you with a wide range of services so as to assist you in your career planning and development.
- Career Coaching
- Career Workshops and Masterclasses
- Career Events with leading companies in Greece and abroad
- The Alba Career Forum
- Job Placement Opportunities