The foundation of our School dates back to 1943, with Cap. José Bastida the first Director. At that time known as the Mexican Air Institute, and five years later changing its name with what it is known to this day: Escuela de Aviación "México".
José Bastida along with Captain Miguel Batanero formed a large number of pilots. The School used wood and cloth Boeing Stearman PT-17 aircraft. Subsequently, Piper PA18 Super Cub and Ryan Navion aircraft were used, until the arrival of the first Cessna 150, 172 single-engine, and 320 multi-engine.
Additionally, the School had Link-type Flight Simulation Trainers, who were very famous in the United States and trained thousands of pilots around the world.