At Middlesex, we support and nurture the creative aspirations of writers from a diverse range of backgrounds, from novelists to poets, essayists, biographers, media professionals and more. That's why we developed our course to be flexible and interdisciplinary, drawing on the expertise of a wide range of professional writers, publishers and media professionals to enable you to pursue your creative projects with expert guidance on writing persuasively, getting published and promoting your work.
Based on our £80 million Media and Performing Arts School, you will explore both the traditional and contemporary opportunities for your writing, considering new media, online platforms and how to maximise the potential of emerging markets. Our strong links to London's vibrant literary community, including opportunities to be part of the North London Literary Festival, help you graduate with the skills, knowledge and industry contacts to turn your writing into a profitable career.
- A valuable course of study for a wide variety of writers and professionals who will benefit from transferable skills in creative thinking, persuasive writing and audience awareness.
- State-of-the-art facilities including brand new digital media suites, with expert guidance on digital platforms such as blogs, e-publishing, and social media.
- Direct involvement with the North London Literary Festival, which attracts speakers such as Fay Weldon, Andrew Motion, David Nicholls and Michele Roberts, providing valuable insights, networking opportunities and masterclasses from some of the UK's leading writers, publishers and literary figures.
- Teaching staff who are all actively engaged in either writing, publishing or research, ensuring that you have access to the very latest thinking, findings and contemporary debates in Writing for Creative and Professional Practice.
- Cross-curricular course structure to help enable you to collaborate with students who could enhance your creative projects, such as photographers and graphic designers.
- As a student of this course, you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 23, 2017