EXECUTIVE FORMAT MASTER'S PROGRAM
* Attend three on-campus sessions per semester supported by synchronous and asynchronous web-based learning
* Thursday, Friday, Saturday on-campus schedule
* Networking opportunities with training and development professionals
* Opportunity for one-on-one interaction with experienced WTD faculty and industry experts
This program is designed to expand instructional opportunities beyond the traditional boundaries of on-campus class delivery. WTD's Executive Format program utilizes a distance learning platform to maximize interaction and learning not only during in-person, weekend class sessions but also between sessions via online communication among students and professors. The WTD executive format program includes:
- intensive courses
- online courses
- project-based courses
- courses that combine electronic and weekend, campus-based delivery
WTD courses are designed to provide location and time flexibility for busy professionals who are seeking to increase their knowledge, skills, and credibility in the training profession but cannot relocate for a traditional graduate program.
The Workforce Training and Development (WTD) master’s program emphasizes both the research and theoretical framework of workforce learning and performance as well as its practical applications.
The emphasis of the program is how to define and design training and non-instructional interventions that can improve performance at the worker, the work process, and the organizational level. Human performance improvement in organizations requires more than an understanding of training design and delivery. The WTD master's program provides students with the tools they need to better understand factors that affect job performance such as job expectations, task design, incentive systems, feedback systems, performance strategies and tools, job aids, and resources. Students learn to think strategically and design interventions that will positively impact workplace learning and performance.
WTD PROGRAM GOALS
* Attract quality students
* Contribute to the body of HRD knowledge
* Create HRD opportunities in technology transfer
* Establish international network of training HRD professionals
* Offer innovative and current Workforce Training and Development curricula
The WTD master's program prepares students to
- balance individual and organizational needs,
- build knowledge capital within the organization,
- improve human performance, and
- improve financial return.
Students will learn
*a systematic instructional design approach that
- determines the most appropriate and cost-effective delivery media,
- delivers relevant skills and knowledge to participants by linking the development of instruction to measurable outcomes, and
- measures the results of training interventions.
*a scientific approach to enhance performance (performance technology) that
- uses a systematic process of analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation to resolve performance issues,
considers cost-benefits and return on investment for performance solutions,
- addresses all organizational factors that impact performance the worker, the work process, and the organization to increase organizational and individual effectiveness, and
- values employees as the organization’s most important asset.
Last updated January 23, 2018