Master's Degree in Professional English-Spanish Translation
The master’s in Professional English translation seeks to train translation professionals capable of adapting to market needs, meeting clients expectations and successfully managing their own activity. For that purpose, students are offered a range of subjects aimed at developing translation skills related to business management and translation technologies. A number of optional subjects on different types of bi-directional English-Spanish specialised translation are offered, including technical translation, legal translation and literary translation.
Graduates in University Master's Degree in Professional Translation: English-Spanish are capable of working in:
- Publishing houses
- Freelance translation
- Translation agencies
- Language services
Language of instruction
- 50% English
- 50% Spanish
FIRST YEAR: Compulsory subjects
- Working as a Professional in Translation
- Business Management
- Translation Strategies and Problem Solving (English-Spanish)
- Translation Strategies and Problem Solving (Spanish-English)
- Tools for Specialized Translation
- Tools for Subtitling
- Revision, Editing and Post-Editing Translated Texts (English-Spanish)
- Revision, Editing and Post-Editing Translated Texts (Spanish-English)
- Work Placement
- Final Master's Project
In this section you will find the list of all the optional subjects on the curriculum. Before you select the subjects you wish to register for, please make sure that they have been activated
- Scientific and Technical Translation
- Legal and Financial Translation
- English-Spanish Literary Translation
- Spanish-English Literary Translation
Specific requirements for admission to the master's programme
An undergraduate degree in any field.
For students to be admitted to the programme,in addition to the general requirements for a master's programme, they must:
- C1 certificate in English and Spanish according to the CEFR or native competence in both languages.
- Evaluation of the students' academic record in the university degree that qualifies them for admission to the master's degree: up to 4 points.
- Level of English/Spanish higher to the minimum required: up to 1 point.
- Complementary certificated training (courses, seminars and other training activities) related to the Master's Degree Programme: up to 1 point
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 24, 2017