We can specify the general objectives of the Master in the following points:
- Prepare future teachers with the necessary professional knowledge to tackle with a high level of commitment the different functions that they must undertake in their professional lives.
- To promote in future teachers the basic skills that they themselves will have to develop in their Secondary Education students.
- Prepare future teachers to face the current and novel challenges that teaching in schools entails, among which attention to diversity and the use of ICTs stand out.
- Develop in future teachers the personal and social skills that allow them to function in the future as professionals capable of managing groups of students, reflect on their practice as a basic professional exercise and work as a team, as a responsible member of a group .
- Motivate future teachers to know how to adopt an ethical commitment to themselves in relation to the profession they have chosen, interested in the quality of their future teaching and prepared to be role models.
|Teaching center:||Education Faculty|
|Type of teaching:||Face-to-face|
|Title:||University Master's Degree in Teacher Training|
|Scholarships, grants and mobility:||National / International|
|Price per credit:||
The direct reference to the proposed title is the initial training course that the Universidad de Murcia has been teaching for the purposes of issuing the Certificate of Pedagogical Aptitude (hereinafter CAP) for more than 35 years. The current legal framework had entrusted to the Institute of Education Sciences (hereinafter, ICE) integrated in each university, the pedagogical and didactic training of university students (architects, engineers, graduates, technical architects, technical engineers and graduates in possession of the degree ) who aspired to dedicate themselves to secondary education and established the completion of the two cycles of the CAP as an essential requirement to be eligible for admission to the teaching bodies of the mentioned level, with the exception of degrees that included equivalent training, as well as other cases excepted by law.
It should not be forgotten, however, that another referent immediately prior to the one indicated is the Initial Training Course for Secondary Teachers (FIPES) taught by the School of Teaching of Middle Schools (Delegation of Murcia), and whose study plan was structured in three blocks: educational assumptions, special didactics and practices. The oldest files (according to the files of the ICE of the Universidad de Murcia ) date from the academic year 1963/1964. However, Decree 1678/1969, of July 24, on the creation of the Institutes of Educational Sciences (BOE n. 195 of 8/15/1969), in accordance with the provisions of the General Education Law, created within the state universities the ICEs, entrusting to them among other missions those that the Middle School Teacher Training School had been carrying out, which would later be extinguished. DarkWorkX / Pixabay
In RD 1393/2007, of October 29, which establishes the organization of official university education, (BOE of October 30, 2007), indicates in Annex I section 3.3., The basic competences of master's studies.
ORDER ECI / 3858/2007, of December 27, which establishes the requirements for the verification of official university degrees that enable the professions of Professor of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Teaching of Languages. (BOE December 29, 2007), includes in its Section 3 the skills that students must acquire.
Regarding the specific competences of the Generic Module in relation to the respective Subjects, the following are proposed:
Subject Learning and development of personality.
- Know the characteristics of the students, their social contexts and motivations.
- Understand the development of the personality of these students and the possible dysfunctions that affect learning.
- Develop proposals based on the acquisition of knowledge, skills and intellectual and emotional skills.
- Identify and plan the resolution of educational situations that affect students with different capacities and learning rhythms.
Subject Processes and educational contexts
- Know the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom and in the center, address and solve possible problems.
- Know the historical evolution of the educational system in our country.
- Know and apply resources and information strategies, tutoring and academic and professional orientation.
- Promote actions of emotional education, values and citizen training.
- Participate in the definition of the educational project and in the general activities of the center according to criteria of quality improvement, attention to diversity, prevention of learning problems and coexistence.
Society, family and education
- Relate education to the environment and understand the educational role of the family and the community, both in the acquisition of skills and learning and in education in respect of rights and freedoms, in equal rights and opportunities between men and women and in the equal treatment and non-discrimination of people with disabilities.
- Know the historical evolution of the family, its different types and the incidence of the family context in education.
- Acquire social skills in relationship and family orientation.
Competences of the specific Module in the different subjects
Subject Complements for disciplinary training
- Know the formative and cultural value of the subjects corresponding to the Specialization.
- Know the contents that are studied in the respective teachings.
- Know the history and recent developments of the subjects and their perspectives in order to transmit a dynamic vision of them.
- Know contexts and situations in which the various curricular contents are used or applied.
For the Vocational Specialty in addition:
- Know the evolution of the world of work, the interaction between society and work and quality of life, as well as the need to acquire adequate training to adapt to the changes and transformations that the professions may require.
For the specialty of Educational Orientation also:
- Know the processes and resources for the prevention of learning and coexistence problems, the evaluation and academic and professional orientation processes.
Subject Learning and teaching of the corresponding subjects
- Know the theoretical and practical developments of teaching and learning of the corresponding subjects.
- Transform curricula into work and activity programs.
- Acquire selection criteria and development of educational materials.
- Promote a climate that facilitates learning and values the contributions of students.
- Integrate training in audiovisual and multimedia communication in the teaching-learning process.
- Know strategies and evaluation techniques and understand the evaluation as an instrument of regulation and encouragement to the effort.
Subject Teaching innovation and initiation to educational research
- Know and apply innovative teaching proposals in the field of specialization.
- Critically analyze the performance of teaching, good practices and guidance using quality indicators.
- Identify the problems related to the teaching and learning of the subjects of the specialization and propose alternatives and solutions.
- Know and apply basic educational research and evaluation methodologies and techniques and be able to design and develop research, innovation and evaluation projects.
Competencies of the Practicum Module and Master's Thesis
- Gain experiences in planning, teaching and evaluating the subjects corresponding to the specialization.
- Accredit a good command of oral and written expression in teaching practice.
- Master the social skills and abilities necessary to foster a climate that facilitates learning and coexistence.
- Participate in proposals for improvement in the different areas of action based on reflection based on practice.
- Know the reality of the educational center and participate in the corresponding Departments.
For the Vocational Specialty in addition:
- Know the typology corresponding to the productive sectors.
- Understand the most common organizational systems for companies.
For the specialty of Educational Orientation also:
- Exercise in the psychopedagogical evaluation.
- Practice advising other education professionals, students and families.
University graduates interested in developing the profession of Teacher of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching.
People trained to develop the profession of Teacher of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching in the specialty studied.
This title grants the professional powers that enable the professions of Teacher of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching.
Professions regulated by Organic Law 2/2006, of May 3, on Education
About the School
Una institución docente de enseñanza superior que cuenta con unas infraestructuras para la docencia y la investigación de excelencia internacional. Una universidad innovadora, dinámica, responsable y ... Read More