- Type of education: Face-to-face.
- Number of new entry places offered: 500
- Total credits: 60
- Languages taught: Spanish.
- Guide price: € 24.24 per credit.
- Master's Scholarship: see relevant information here .
The University Master's Degree in Teacher Training for ESO and Baccalaureate, FP and Language Teaching is professional and empowering. The Organic Education Law (LOE) 2/2006, of May 3, establishes in its articles 94, 95 and 97 that the initial training of teachers of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching, shall also consist of of the corresponding degree, of the specific training necessary to be regulated by postgraduate degrees. The ministerial order of ECI / 3858/2007, of December 27, establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that enable the professions of Teacher of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching setting the general guidelines of said titles.
The University Master follows a structure of modules and subjects. In all the specialties offered, the structure is made up of three modules:
- Generic: 12 compulsory ECTS structured in three subjects.
- Specific: 30 compulsory specialty ECTS structured in two subjects: Complements for Disciplinary Training (15 ECTS) and Teaching and Learning of Corresponding Subjects and Teaching Innovation and Initiation to Educational Research (15 ECTS). The subjects of the Specific Module are adapted, in each case, to a specific specialty.
- Practicum and Final Master's Project: 18 compulsory ECTS structured in two subjects: Internships in Teaching Centers of the selected specialty (12 ECTS) and Final Master's Work (6 ECTS).
The Master's Degree in Teacher Training for Secondary and Baccalaureate Education, Vocational Training and Language Teaching is an official title, approved by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA), and which meets the standards of the Verifica program.
It is characterized by having a professional nature and its main objective is training for teaching, in its different specialties. This training also allows access to regulated professions such as teaching the different subjects of Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Languages.
With this training purpose, the UCM has made the effort to offer eighteen specialties within this University Master, which are:
- Plastic and Visual Arts
- Biology and geology
- Economics and Business Administration
- Physical education
- Physics and chemistry
- Training and career counseling
- Geography and History
- Informatic and tecnology
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Classical Languages
- Foreign Languages: German, French, English and Italian
- Educational orientation
The Master's Degree has an inter-center character and the classes of these specialties are taught in nine different faculties.
The language of instruction is Spanish. The subjects of the Specific Module of the Foreign Languages specialty are also taught in the language of the modality (German, English, French or Italian).
The University Master's Degree in Teacher Training is aimed at all university graduates who wish to train to teach in Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Vocational Training or Language Teaching in the areas linked to the specialties offered (see Master's website).
To access this university Master, in addition to the general requirements for all UCM university masters, the specialties that are requested must be in accordance with the degree of origin studied and it will also be necessary:
- Having completed the studies that give access to the University Master's Degree at the time of the application.
- Accreditation of a B1 level language.
- Level B2 Spanish accreditation for foreign applicants whose mother tongue is different from Spanish.
- In the event that the applicant wishes to study the Specific Foreign Language Module in any of its modalities (German, French, English and Italian) and does not have a degree according to the specialty, they will have to prove a C1 language level.
The accreditation of the language level may be carried out by certification from an official institution or by passing a test that will be carried out by the UCM Higher Center for Modern Languages (CSIM).
Admission requirements for masters
Enabling University Masters
For access to the Official Master's Degree in ESO and Baccalaureate Teacher Training, Vocational Training and Language Teaching :
- Be in possession of any of the following titles:
- Spanish official title of Degree or Bachelor
- Title issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and empowering in the country of issue for access to Master's education.
- Having obtained, before making the request, the approval granted by the Ministry of Education and Professional Training .
- Accreditation of level B1 of a foreign language .
- In the event that the applicant wishes to take the specific module of Foreign Language in any of its modalities (German, French, English or Italian) and does not have a degree according to the specialty, they will have to accredit a language level C1 .
- In addition, students from foreign educational systems, whose mother tongue is different from Spanish, must prove level B2 of Spanish ( B2 or higher).
About the School
La Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) es una institución de larga trayectoria y amplio reconocimiento social que aspira a situarse entre las primeras universidades de Europa y a consolidarse como ... Read More