This master's degree provides students with in-depth theoretical knowledge of the field and new techniques in product synthesis, catalyst development, management of environment-friendly chemical processes, and computational design. It is primarily research-oriented, so graduates will be able to undertake research, development and innovation in the industry. The general objectives are the following:
- To provide high-level scientific training in the fields of: molecular synthesis, catalysis and design, so that graduates can undertake doctoral studies and pursue a scientific or academic career.
- To provide graduates with a capacity for innovation and the necessary skills to synthesise sustainable chemical products and processes in the professional world.
The aims of the courses are the following:
- To enable students to use synthetic methodologies and design ways of obtaining new products with the tools of computational chemistry.
- To familiarise students with modern techniques for characterising molecular compounds, surfaces and solids.
- To provide tools for understanding the most advanced principles and applications of catalysis.
- To train students to design chemical processes on a laboratory or industrial scale through channels that meet the standards of sustainability and environmental friendliness.
- To provide students who wish to undertake doctoral studies with more advanced, specific knowledge relevant to their research: synthesis, catalysis or modelling.
- Institute of Chemical Research of catalonia (ICIQ)
This Master's Degree is designed for students who have an official university degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering or a related science.
Specific documentation required
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment in the programme, you must also submit the following documents:
- Proof of competence in English (minimum level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference).
- Letter of motivation for academic coordination.
- Academic record: up to 50 points.
- Suitability of the students' first degree: up to 20 points.
- Curriculum vitae: up to 10 points.
- Competence in English (minimum level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference): up to 20 points (B2, 5 points; C1, 10 points; C2, 20 points).
The University Master's degree in Synthesis, Catalysis and Molecular Design is primarily research-oriented but is suitable for students who wish to pursue a career in the manufacturing sector. It provides the following career opportunities:
- Doctoral studies.
- Leading sectors of production that have interdisciplinary research groups. The spectrum is broad, as most industrial processes require catalysts. However, the sectors with which the master's degree is most involved are fine chemicals in general: synthesis of intermediates, pharmaceutical chemistry, agricultural chemistry, plant protection products and synthesis of polymers and smart materials. Graduates will be able to design and develop new products and processes in chemical companies in general.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 26, 2018