The Master's Degree is focused on training strategic communication professionals for companies, organizations, and institutions. The content offers a solid background in the field of communication management, as well as a basis for academic research. The optional subjects allow an incursion in the field of communication of tourism and heritage or political communication. It is based on the Masterdec Experience which identifies and distinguishes it based on three concepts: strategy, internationalization, and personalization.
- URV-Repsol International Chair for Excellence in Communication
The Master's Degree is designed for students with previous training in the field of Advertising and Public Relationships, Journalism, Social Communication, Social Sciences and Economics, Tourism, Anthropology, Political Sciences, Business Management, Social Psychology and similar fields. It is also aimed at students with technical degrees who want to improve their professional profile in the field of the strategic communication field.
Students who do not have degrees in communication or work experience in this sector must take a bridging course.
Specific documentation required
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment on the programme, you must also submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation for academic coordination.
- Proof of B2 competence in Spanish (if your native language is not Spanish).
Optionally you can also submit the documentation of a level of English higher than B1. The Admissions Committee for the master's degree may establish mechanisms in addition to the presentation of language certificates, such as interviews or language placement tests.
- Suitability of the admission qualification: up to 4 points: Qualifications will be ranked in accordance with the following scale:
- A degree in the field of Communication: up to 4 points
- A degree in the field of social science and humanities (other than Communication): up to 3 points,
- Other qualifications: 2 points.
- Evaluation of the students' academic record in the university degree that qualifies them for admission to the master's degree: up to 2.5 points.
- Motivation and specific preparation for taking the master's degree: up to 2.5 points. For the assessment of this merit, candidates will be required to present a curriculum vitae and/or attend a personal interview.
- Level of English higher than B1: up to 1 point.
The University Master's degree in Strategic Communication in the Risk Society enables the exercise of professional profiles related to strategic communication in a broad sense:
- Director / Head / Head of Communication in companies institutions and organizations
- Responsible for Press Media and public relations
- Head of Crisis Communication
- Senior Account Managers communication agencies, public relations or corporative image
- Communications and corporative consultant
- Corporate, political and institutional communication analysts
- Researchers in universities or in the field of communication in a broad sense
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 26, 2018