The objective of the Master's Degree is to respond to two types of training demands. On the one hand, it aims to train professionals who combine analytical skills and practical knowledge in the field of international markets. At the same time, they acquire leadership skills. Thus, students complement their theoretical learning with practical strategies related to internationalisation and/or innovation, international financial markets operating rules and technical analyses of international issues.
On the other hand, those candidates who chose to specialise of research acquire the proper knowledge and skills to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of the economy, especially in topics related to international economic relations and public policy with an emphasis on advanced quantitative techniques. This means going in depth in the different phases of the process of scientific research, from advanced search as to publish scientific papers.
The Master's Degree is designed for graduates in the field of Economics, Business or Engineering.
Students who wish to take this Master's Degree should be motivated to acquiring a deep knowledge of how international markets work. The Master's Degree is also aimed at those students who are curious about the general economy (local, national or international) and who want to proceed with research in this field.
Specific documentation required
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment on the programme, you must also submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation for academic coordination. The letter should explain why you wish to pre-enrol for the master's degree so that the selection committee can compare your expectations with the objectives of the training programme and assess your suitability to take the master's degree.
- Proof of competence in Catalan or Spanish (only if you enrol the internship subject and you come from non-Latin American countries). If this knowledge cannot be proven, please attach a signed Letter of commitment regarding competence in Spanish.
- Accreditation of English level B2 or equivalent. If you cannot certify it, you will have to pass an English test.
Optionally you can also submit a proof of any additional training (courses, seminars and other training), a proof of any work experience or proof of other merits presented in the CV.
- Evaluation of the student’s academic record in the university degree qualifying them for admission to the master's degree: up to 50 points.
- Other university qualifications: up to 10 points.
- Competence in English (greater than the required): up to 10 points.
- Other training relevant to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars or other training activities, for which proof must be provided): up to 10 points.
- Work experience in the field of education of the master's degree: up to 10 points.
- Other merits: up to 10 points.
Graduates in the University Master's degree in International Markets are capable of working:
- Managers in international companies or companies that are planning to operate abroad.
- International markets analysts in consulting companies.
- Heads of International Strategies Departments in companies and non-profit organizations.
- Professional employees of international organizations.
- Advisers in local or/and regional institutions facing global challenges.
- Professors and/or Researchers in Universities or research centres in International Economics (Research Track).
Program taught in: