The aim of the master is to prepare professionals in the field of energy, environment and sustainable production with rigorous scientific and technical background, capable of providing a flexible and multidisciplinary response to the challenges of building a sustainable society through the conception, design, evaluation, implementation and management of environmentally friendly processes, consumption of natural resources and health.
- DOW Chemical
- Cairo University
The Masters is aimed at students with prior background in the field of engineering and architecture or in the field of Science: Graduates and Engineers in general, with a basic training in science and technology, to ensure adequate knowledge on the basis of which acquire advanced specialization in the technological application of environmental engineering and sustainable energy.
Specific documentation required
For to be admitted to the programme, in addition to the compulsory general documentation for a master's programme, you must submit a:
- Motivation letter/statement of intent for academic coordination.
- Proof of competence in English (level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). If you are not able to certify it, you are going to be asked an interview where reading, writing and speaking in English language are going to be evaluated.
Optionally you can also submit:
- Complementary Training (courses, seminars or other training activities accredited documentarily) related with the content of the Master's programme and professional experience.
- Foreign stays (certified min. 12 weeks), recommendation letters or letters of reference.
Criteria for selection
- Bachelor Degree (up to a maximum of 30 points, on the basis of the following order)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: up to a maximum of 30 points,
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Architecture: up to a maximum of 25 points 25
- Other: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the transcript of the official university degree that gives access to the master's programme: up to a maximum of 40 points.
- Competence in English higher than the minimum level required (level B2). If you don’t own a certificate, you will be asked to do an interview evaluating oral comprehension, writing and reading: up to a maximum of 10 points
- Complementary Training related to the content of the Master's programme and professional experience (proof must be provided): up to a maximum of 10 points.
- Other activities, such as foreign stays, motivation, recommendation letters, personal interview: up to a maximum of 10 points.
However, if all the places offered were not covered, provided the access and admission requirements are met, the admission authority may admit you without prioritising on the basis of merit.
The University Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Energy provides students with the training to be qualified for jobs as:
- Responsible for Energy, Environment and Quality Departments
- Responsible for Energy Production Plants (cogeneration, combined cycles, wind farms, photovoltaic farms, industrial organization)
- Responsible for Waste Treatment Plants
- Responsible for Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Technician in Engineering, Consulting and Certification Companies
- R&D&I Laboratories and Institutes
- Secondary and High Education Teaching
- Creation of their own enterprises
- Realisation of projects on request
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 26, 2018