This master's degree aims to take graduates beyond their bachelor’s degree and acquire a higher level of expertise in chemical engineering. Graduates will be highly trained in designing products and processes related to chemical engineering. They will also have a strong professional grounding because their work placement and master's theses will be conducted primarily in the chemical industry (i.e. in companies and organisations outside the university).
The Master's degree is designed for graduates in Chemical Engineering or a similar field, or a University Degree that qualifies graduates to practice as Professional technical industrial engineers specialised in industrial chemistry or a similar field. It is also aimed at students who wish to work as a project leader.
If there is a clear vocation about these studies you could also access in this Master’s degree.
Specific documentation required
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment in the programme, you must also submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation for academic coordination.
- Proof of competence in English (Level B2). If you are not able to certify it, the Academic Commission may request an interview where reading, writing and speaking in the English language will be evaluated.
Optionally, you can also submit:
- Proof of training relevant to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars or other training activities, for which proof must be provided) or professional experience.
- Proof of stays (at least 4 weeks), motivation, a letter of recommendation or letter of reference.
- Suitability of the admission qualification, up to 30 points. Qualifications will be graded according to the following scale:
- A degree in the field of engineering: up to 30 points.
- A degree in the field of sciences and architecture: up to 20 points.
- Other qualifications: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the students' academic record in the university degree qualifying them for admission to the master's degree and the university and the country of origin: up to 60 points.
- Other training relevant to the content of the master's degree or professional experience (documentary accreditation): up to 5 points.
- Stays (at least 4 weeks, proof must be provided), motivation, a letter of recommendation or a personal interview: up to 5 points.
However, if all the places offered are not covered, as long as the access and admission requirements are met, the admission body will be able to admit you without needing to prioritize you based on the merits.
Graduates in the Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering will be able to provide their leadership, management and entrepreneurial skills in:
- Industries such as petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals and food processing.
- Engineering companies (advising on new projects).
- Auditing (energy, environmental, etc.).
- Wastewater treatment plants.
- Public administration.
- Service sector and commercial sector.
- R&D laboratories and institutes (public and private).