- Vila Nova de Gaia / Porto
Specialization for teaching in the 1st cycle of Basic Education and for teaching in the disciplinary areas of Portuguese and History and Geography of Portugal of the 2nd cycle of Basic Education.
This master's degree aims to develop and deepen knowledge and skills related to the areas of teaching:
- In the knowledge obtained at the level of the 1st cycle of studies, deepening them and developing them technically and scientifically;
- In the generic competences and specific competences with a view to an innovative application, multicontextualizada, promotors of a quality education;
- The ability to use and integrate their own specialized knowledge and transversal and multidisciplinary knowledge appropriate to their respective levels of education;
- In promoting citizenship, inclusion and human development, integral and ecological of all those involved in the educational process.
- Professor of the 1st Cycle of Basic Education, and Professor of Portuguese, History and Geography of the 2nd Cycle of Basic Education
For the completion of the Masters in Teaching of the 1st Cycle of Basic Education and Portuguese and History and Geography of Portugal in the 2nd Cycle of Basic Education, the student will comply with a curricular plan consisting of 120 compulsory ECTS credits:
- 71 ECTS credits in the specialization course;
- 49 ECTS credits in the curricular units belonging to the Supervised Teaching Practice and Research Seminar in Education.
The Masters in Teaching of the 1st Cycle Basic Education and Portuguese, History and Geography in the 2nd Cycle of Basic Education will be able to:
- Design and develop curriculum implementation by planning, organizing and evaluating the educational environment, activities and curriculum design;
- Master the methodologies of observation, planning and evaluation in order to adapt the needs and the objectives of development and learning;
- Encourage curiosity, ability to perform tasks and solve problems;
- To favor personal development in a perspective of education for citizenship;
- Participate in the construction, development and evaluation of the Educational Project of the Group, of the curricular projects and of the administration and management activities of the school;
- Prospecting the school and the community as spaces of inclusive education and social intervention;
- Involve family and community in the educational process;
- Reflect on your performance and recognize the need for ongoing training;
- Participate in research projects.
Access to other degrees
The Master's degree allows the degree application of Doctorate / Doctorate degree, under the respective legal terms.
Contact the Institution
Support to International Students
- Support for application formalities;
- Support in the search for accommodation;
- Initial Portuguese Language Course Tutorial accompaniment, during the first year of the school, for English or French speakers.
Fees and gratuities
Contact the Institution.
- Accredited course (A3ES: 07/07/2015)
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Last updated April 3, 2018