The Master in International Marketing Management provides a broad learning and training experience that helps students enter the job market. The Master in International Marketing Management is characterized by active learning and student interaction, aimed at developing individual skills of analysis and decision-making. In particular, the traditional teaching methods will be integrated by the presence of academics of international standing and managers, case discussions, role-playing, individual, group projects and seminars.
The Master aims at developing knowledge, competencies and abilities in order to analyse the international markets and to assume managerial, commercial and marketing responsibilities. It enables to operate in international contexts thanks to original, dynamic and unique approaches, culture and knowledge coming from a training process that virtuously integrates the economical-managerial disciplines with the psychological-organisational ones. The learning objectives are to develop an open culture, flexible to changes and a long-lasting set of competences able to continue to adequate themselves to various and dynamic economical contexts.
Career opportunities & professional recognition
The Master’s graduates will gain full marketing management knowledge and practices. They may take positions in any company or agency to carry out tasks related to marketing and customer management and marketing research.
A class that makes a difference
The Master in International Marketing Management is comprised of international and domestic students.
- Annalisa Tunisini - Director, Professor of Marketing, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan
- A. Claudio Bosio - Co-Director, Dean of the Faculty of Psychology, Professor of Consumer and Marketing Psychology, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan
- Renato Fiocca - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Edoardo Lozza - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Ivan Snehota - Università della Svizzera Italiana
The faculty is composed of internationally renowned professors - from Italy and different Countries, as well as keynote speakers, managers and professionals.
Can I learn Italian while studying?
Students are invited to complement their studies with an Italian Language Culture Course offered at a small additional cost which is taught by a team of qualified and experienced native Italian speakers, should the course fit within their program schedule
Can I work while studying?
Yes. Non-EU students entering Italy on a VISA are permitted to work part-time (20 hours per week).
- Propedeutic psychology course*
- Fundamentals of social sciences and psychology for marketing
- Principles of applied social research methodology
- Propedeutic economics course**
- Fundamentals of business and management
- Principles of marketing
*Those courses should be considered mandatory only for students coming from Faculties other than Psychology.
**Those courses should be considered mandatory only for students coming from Faculties other than Economics.
- Introduction to internationalisation
- Understanding international markets
- Consumer behaviour
- Marketing research
- Marketing strategies in an international setting
- Managing the international marketing mix
- Management psychology in an intercultural context
- Evaluating companies and markets
Includes seminars and conferences from guest speakers and practical activities:
- Fieldworks implemented by small groups and coached by partner firms
- In-company internship
- Project works
Program specific requirements
- Applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master of Science in Psychology
- Applicants may also be graduate students in technical disciplines and humanities and may be admitted to the Master in International Marketing Management subject to evaluation and verification by the Scientific Board of Professors
- Candidates are required to have a more than adequate knowledge of the English language
- Completion of at least an undergraduate degree, obtained after a minimum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS)
- The undergraduate degree must be obtained before the start of the program
- Università Cattolica will evaluate candidates’ academic and personal background and decide if they meet the specific conditions for admission to the chosen graduate program
For applicants whose first language is not English:
- TOEFL iBT overall score of at least 80, or
- Academic IELTS overall score of at least 6.0, or
- Completed a degree program taught entirely in the English
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018