Specialized Master Marine Engineering and Energies
Specialized Masters are post diploma courses whose purpose is to offer either a specialization or a double competency. They provide unique knowledge for a specific position or industrial sector in
which companies have a real need.
Specialized Masters benefit from the strong ties between schools, their research laboratories, and industrial companies, relationships that ensure both rigor and technical expertise, skills in management and adequacy to companies’ needs in managers and executives.
As for their more conventional courses, Grandes Ecoles offer for Specialized Masters a flexible and adaptive education including work in small groups and high quality of teaching.
With this MS, you will
- Meet the technological challenges related to the development of offshore oil and gas;
- Be part of the adventure of Ocean Renewable Marine Energy;
- Be able to work in Marine and Coastal Engineering.
Who is this MS for?
- Master Students willing to develop their employability in these sectors;
- For professionals who want to specialize.
A recognized diploma
- Accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Écoles;
- Labeled by the Mediterranean Sea Cluster;
- In collaboration with the ISITV (Institute of Engineering Sciences of Toulon and Var);
- Supported by many companies.
An international and professional openness
- Over a third of courses in English;
- Industrial partners having an international presence;
- Half of the courses taught by experts who work in engineering industry;
- Projects on real cases;
- A 6-month professional thesis within a company.
- Over 25 years of experience in Marine Engineering in Centrale Marseille;
- Offshore engineering, a very dynamic sector in France and worldwide;
- The emergence of a French industry in Renewable Marine Energy.
Homogenization phase (54h)
(depending on students background)
- Materials & Corrosion
- Strength of Materials & Mechanics
- Structural Fatigue
- Finite elements, including Abaqus software training
Marine Environment (55h)
- Physical characteristics of marine environment: + meteorology + oceanology, tides, currents + sedimentology
- Arctic issues
- Soil mechanics
- Energy Economics and Geopolitics
- Renewable Marine Energies
- Fossil Marine Energies
- Offshore project management
Sciences and technics for the engineer (94h)
- Hydrodynamics of Offshore structures
- Experimental hydrodynamics
- Coastal Hydrodynamics
- Fluid-Structure Interactions
Marine technologies (130h)
- Coastal Engineering
- Marine construction, Pipe laying, Structures installations, lifting...
- Offshore Technologies: Platforms, moorings, FPSO, Subsea, flexible and rigid pipes, flow assurance, etc.
Numerical methods (76h)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Seabed to surface analysis
- Free surface flows
Project and conferences (45 hours)
- Project in a wave tank
Master degree or equivalent
First year of Master Studies or equivalent +3 years of professional experience.
Selection based on written application and interview.
Deadline for application: May, 15th.
- Individual students: € 8,500
- Companies & Institutions: € 10,500
For Ecoles Centrale’s Alumni, please contact us.
École Centrale de Marseille
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018