Big Data refers to the large volume of data that business encounters every day. The origins of big data can be trailed back to the mid 1990′s when John Mashey, working at Silicon Graphics, USA was involved in processing and analysis of large datasets. Analysis of data by humans can be a time-consuming activity and thus use of sophisticated information systems can be utilized to crunch this enormous amount of data. This data is not only voluminous, but they are from various sources, the system can analyze the data with varied processing time, and it is important to verify the uncertainty and trustworthiness of the data. Modern intelligent computing can process voluminous data at superfast speed. Intelligent computing is influenced by several factors such as (i) changing technologies, smart devices, sensors; (ii) increasing technological complexity that can process data faster; (iii) human-machine interaction and its abilities. What an organization does with these data-sets is of tremendous importance.
Data Science is an interdisciplinary field pertaining to processes able to extract knowledge or insights from data; be it structured, unstructured, or semi-structured data. Coupled with Artificial Intelligence, Data Science can deliver more efficiently a vast array of solutions to find appropriate and meaningful information from those huge pools of data.
Our MSc in Data Science, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence is a 10-month program preparing students to discover, understand and use the subtlety of Data Science, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in the design of everyday business. It offers students a true multi-cultural and international experience on our campus-based in Montpellier, South of France.
Students will develop their general management skills and explore the different ways Data Science, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence can improve decision making in a business or a social setting.
Industry projects and visits throughout the year will pace the academic experience and give students the opportunity to gain valuable work and real-life experience.
Students will have the chance to participate in different seminars, workshops and meetings, where companies come to our campus to meet their future managers and high-quality interns. Our career center and alumni network are also providing students with a full range of solutions and tools to enhance their career.
- Duration: 10 months
- Intake: once a year in September
- Mode: Full time
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: entirely taught in English
- Location: Montpellier Business School campus
- Tuition fees: 13 900 €
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent
- English test: a minimum score of TOEFL 80/120 or TOEIC 785/990 or IELTS 6/9 or M.B.S. English test B2 (free)
- Relevant professional goals
- You will have to complete the online application form (which can be saved and completed over time)
- Selected applicants will be scheduled for admission interviews via videoconference or at Montpellier Business School
- Copy of passport
- One passport photograph
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Copies of highest diploma obtained
- Copies of transcripts of records from the past three years. Please provide an English translation of your documents if they are written in other languages than French and English
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: minimum score of TOEFL 80/120, IELTS 6/9 or TOEIC 785/990 or Montpellier Business School English test (free) B2. Candidates with previous English studies are exempted.
- Courses and business projects: Academic year from September to June
- MSc Thesis: September to August
- Graduation: December
Fundamentals of management (24 ECTS):
- Strategic management
- Digital Marketing
- Advanced Innovation Management
- Information technology and value creation
- Big data and Analytics
- Digital Change
- Soft Skills Development
Data Science, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (15 ECTS):
- Advanced Big data and Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- New trends and business models
Business projects (21 ECTS):
- Entrepreneurial Project
MSc Thesis (30 ECTS)
- Bachelor degree or higher
- English proficiency: IELTS 6/9, B2
- Higher level in mathematics and statistics
In the era of Industry 4.0, it is imperative for business managers to have hands-on expertise in the domain of Data Science. Our MSc will enable students to understand, analyze and act in any organizations in a wide range of sectors and countries, transformed by data science, big data and artificial intelligence. You will be better equipped with theoretical, methodical and practical skills to deal with the complex information systems. Upon graduation, our students can either follow an academic (Ph.D., DBAs), professional career or become entrepreneurs.
Examples of possible careers:
- Big Data Expert
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Analytics Manager
- Data Management Consultant
- Database Administrator/ Manager
Program taught in: