Applications for the 2019 Intake are closed. Applications for the 2020 intake will open starting in October 2019.
The Specialised Master® in Media Management has been a launch pad to success for over 400 high-level media managers, producers, journalists, and multimedia project managers in this fascinating, but fragile industry. Today, its graduates make up a powerful network that continues to strengthen the programme and add to its creative energy. This programme takes place on our Paris campus.
The ESCP Europe Masters are professional-oriented programmes in specific management areas designed for postgraduates with a clear career goal and lead to a specialisation or double skill in response to corporate demand for highly qualified managers.
This Master is a one-year full-time academic programme designed for students holding a first masters-level academic or professional degree in engineering, business, architecture, medicine, law, pharmacology, political science, the arts, or any other graduate degree.
The curriculum comprises six months of full-time coursework including an international seminar, followed by a company placement lasting at least four months and the completion of a professional thesis to be remitted at the end of the programme.
Courses are taught in English and the national language of our respective campuses.
Our programme targets your expertise.
The programme’s objective is to prepare students for a career in the media professions in the fields of applied media management, information management, journalism, film/television production, or online/off-line multimedia production.
This full-time curriculum is spread over one year divided into 3 terms as follows:
- 2 terms of intensive courses - September to December; January to March. An international seminar abroad is included
- 1 term of professionalisation from April to December: a company placement of at least 4 months and a professional thesis defended orally to a committee between early November and mid-December the year following the September intake.
Participants have to be proficient both in French and English.
Profile of the MS Media Management
- Law 26%,
- Marketing & Communication 22%,
- Business 18%,
- Political Science 18%,
- Economics/Finance 4%,
- Humanities/Social Sciences 4%,
- Media/Arts & Culture 4%,
- Fine Arts/Literature/Philosophy 4%,
- 15% international students,
- 71% women, 29% men
ESCP Europe's Masters Programme welcomes applicants from varied disciplines who demonstrate open-mindedness and potential:
Master students come from various countries and have different backgrounds: engineers, doctors, pharmacists, students of literature and law, etc.
Originating from 40 nationalities, they form a group of multicultural participants, which makes exchanging and working in groups all the more enriching.
Since its inception in 1987, the Specialised Master® in Media Management has graduated 600 students who are now part of the ESCP Europe 55,000-member alumni network.
- Holders of a first Master's degree.
- Holders of a Bachelor degree (240 ECTS): with a minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Holders of a Bachelor degree (240 ECTS) without professional experience (less than 30% admitted)
The fees for the academic year 2019/2020 are set at 15,400€ (including costs of the international seminar - transport & accommodation - and the reference books).
The fees are invoiced either:
- in one instalment at the beginning of the academic year
- ESCP Europe also offers the direct debit option: in that case, 6 monthly instalments will be paid from November to April.
Applicants who are offered a place must confirm their acceptance and pay a non-refundable deposit of 2,000€ for tuition fees.