Why choose a London Business School Sloan Fellowship?
The Sloan Fellowship at London Business School provides an exceptional opportunity.
The Sloan Fellowship at London Business School provides a rigorous and focused approach to your personal and professional development, simultaneously expanding your career horizons. This 11-month full-time programme offers a wide range of opportunities to develop your leadership skills, providing you with the necessary knowledge to move from functional to general and strategic management roles and preparing you for the most senior and international positions in business and industry across the globe.
You will be:
- taught by world-class, dynamic faculty who come from more than 20 countries around the world and are in continuing partnership with industry and government
- sharing experiences with students of other nationalities, backgrounds and cultures to meet the challenges of conducting business in a complex global environment
- developing depth and focus in areas of special interest through our wide choice of elective courses and a significant individual project
- accelerating your career, changing your career path or branching out in an entrepreneurial venture of your own
- meeting and hearing from top international business leaders taking part in our Distinguished Speaker series, Top Management Briefings and other major School events
- studying on campus in an outstanding central location, a short cab ride from the city's business, financial and cultural centres, where you will find the headquarters of some of the biggest global companies
accessing the diverse and wide-reaching 25,500 plus international alumni network, with over 35 alumni clubs in 100 countries.
The Sloan Fellowship is designed to prepare you for your next career
challenge. The programme requires intensive intellectual concentration and energy, with an emphasis on building your capabilities as leaders for life with significantly expanded knowledge and career horizons. Participants in the programme have access to dedicated Career Services, which offer a wealth of support to enable you to identify and fulfil career opportunities. Sloan Fellows take away from them the skills to be impactful global leaders, as well as the inspiration to find truly satisfying careers.
Sloan Fellows come to the programme with the following career aspirations:
-- Improve career acceleration - advance to the most senior management roles with a new, broad knowledge base and refreshed confidence
-- Facilitate a career shift - change industry, take on a new role and direction, and be globally mobile
-- Gain career independence - explore the feasibility of your entrepreneurial ambitions to create and lead new ventures.
Networking is one of the most effective methods of finding your new job, especially if you are planning to make a career change. As the 2007 Sloan Career Report shows, networking is a proven path to career success for Sloan Fellows – some 50 percent of Sloan alumni stated networking as the source of their job offer. Everyone you meet throughout your time at the School is a potential source of ideas, inspiration and networking opportunities. With this in mind, there are specific events throughout the year that will expose you to many different sectors and a rich portfolio of contacts.
In the Summer term, each Sloan Fellow undertakes a substantial individual project. For career changers, this is your opportunity to choose a company or an industry sector that is relevant to the next stage in your career. The project will allow you to bring together your major learning outcomes from the programme, conduct some individual research and gain vital insights and contacts for your next career move.
- The premier masters degree designed purely for experienced senior managers.
- Collaborative learning
- Intensive learning
The Sloan Fellowship is designed for people who already have significant career achievement and experience of decision making at strategic levels. Sloan Fellows, therefore, have a strong base on which to evaluate new concepts and theories and to build a new and exciting toolbox of ideas, models and skills.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018