At GSD, we offer several short term executive-level programmes as part of our commitment to train and develop future leaders. The SHORT TERM EXECUTIVE LEVEL programmes are flexible and challenging graduate programmes aimed at enriching the skills of professionals through a diverse modular curriculum, tailored teaching methods, and an interactive learning environment.
Depending on the amount of time available to them the candidate can choose to pursue:
1.Diploma of Advanced Studies in International Relations and Diplomacy(DASIR): 30 ECTS
2.Certificate of Advanced Studies in International Relations and Diplomacy(CASIR): 12 ECTS
3. Certificate in International Relations and Diplomacy(CIR): 6 ECTS
- Understand the dynamics of international politics and diplomatic issues, and to develop the practical skills necessary to master the challenges of 21st-century diplomacy;
- Advance cross-cultural negotiation and communication skills to better diffuse international frictions, manage crises and encourage international cooperation;
- Develop competence in dealing with challenges at the global, regional and national levels;
- Learn and incorporate tools, procedures, and instruments to effectively manage complex projects and programs in international and multicultural environments;
- Engage in a culturally diverse learning environment and build a network of professional relations with fellow students and faculty.
Executive Programmes are based on modules. As time permits the candidate may choose to pursue a particular number of modules to obtain the corresponding certificate/ diploma. One module lasts 5 days. Modules are practice-driven and solution-oriented and will be taught in English by a multinational faculty that includes experienced academics and practitioners.
- Applicants should possess an undergraduate degree from a university or its equivalent.
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must provide evidence of their English language capabilities at an approved level. Applicants who fail to reach this standard may be required to complete an agreed English Language program
Programme structure and credits
Diploma of Advanced Studies in International Relations and Diplomacy(DASIR): 30 ECTS
Participants who complete 4 Modules (20 days full-time, intensive coursework over 2 Semesters, plus all required readings, assignments and research) and write a Final Research Project, will receive a Diploma of Advanced Studies in International Relations and Diplomacy, 30 ECTS. Credits obtained are valid for a period of 5 years during which they can be used to complete the MAS/EMIR degree.
Certificate of Advanced Studies in International Relations and Diplomacy(CASIR): 12 ECTS
Participants who complete 2 Modules (10 days full-time, intensive coursework over 2 consecutive weeks) will receive a Certificate of Advanced Studies in International Relations and Diplomacy, 12 ECTS.
Certificate in International Relations and Diplomacy(CIR): 6 ECTS
Participants who complete 1 Module (5 days full-time, intensive coursework) will receive a Certificate in International Relations and Diplomacy, 6 ECTS.
DIPLOMA OF ADVANCED STUDIES IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMACY (DASIR)
Tuition: 9,000 CHF
Registration Fee: 300 CHF
CERTIFICATE OF ADVANCED STUDIES IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMACY (CASIR)
Tuition: 3,600 CHF
Registration Fee: 200 CHF
CERTIFICATE IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMACY (CIR)
Tuition: 1,800 CHF
Registration Fee: 100 CHF
About the School
The Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations (GSD) prides itself on rigorous teaching and on a faculty renowned for their concern of the individual needs of our students. This tradition ... Read More