- Engaging with expert faculty
- Comprehensive learning experience
- Excellent career prospects
The Research Masters MPhil is an important element of the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School\'s commitment to excellence in research and teaching.
What is the programme about
The programme involves the preparation of a research-based thesis under the supervision of a senior member of the academic staff. Your supervisor will generally monitor your progress and guide you in your choice of research question, research proposal development and methods of data collection and analysis.
We aim to develop and train graduates to the highest international standards through completing projects that fit our research agenda.
Major research subject areas:
- Banking and Finance
- Management of Information Systems
- Industrial Relations and Human Resources
Each subject area has its own website which details their major research interest areas.
What willYou learn
You will get a comprehensive education in research methods and conduct independent research into your chosen area.
How willYou benefit
You will develop your research skills to the highest level and will be capable of operating at the cutting-edge of your field.
The MPhil from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is a postgraduate research degree.
The Research Masters MPhil from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is a flexible programme that allows you to use different models of education and research for different disciplines.
Programme structure and curriculum
The MPhil is a two year programme. In your first year, you will complete a structured programme of modules and training offered by the UCD Smurfit School. These modules are essential for your training as a research student.There are two sets of modules in year one:
Set 1 includes modules in research methods and associated courses.
Set 2 includes modules which are specific to your area of research and will be decided upon in consultation with your supervisor and supervisory committee.
- You must have one of the following: An upper second-class honours degree in Business Studies. / An upper second-class honours degree in a subject closely related to your proposed area of study. / A brief research proposal.
- If English is not your native language (unless you have done your primary degree through English), an English language qualification is required, e.g. IELTS/TOEFL: IELTS: An overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each section. / TOEFL: A minimum of 100 on the internet-based test, 250 on the computer based test or 600 on the paper-based test.
This is a postgraduate programme for graduates of management, business studies and related disciplines who want to further their studies and progress to a research masters.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 30, 2017