The food industry is in constant development: new products and production processes go hand in hand with the ever-increasing risks and dangers of the modern world. By specializing in Food Safety, you can play a role in contributing to improving public health.
The study programme is aimed to educate highly qualified and creative specialists – Professional Masters with specialization in food hygiene with competence to work in the establishments of the food chain as well as in the state services. The Master study programme provides proficiency on safety and harmlessness of food chain, quality criteria of foodstuffs, knowledge on elaboration and maintenance of safety systems of the food establishments, as well as the ability for scientific research on food safety. The programme is completed with the elaboration and defence of the Master thesis.
Bachelor’s degree or the second level professional higher education in the following groups of study programmes: veterinary medicine, medicine, food technology, agriculture, biology or chemistry.
English requirements: IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
Career prospects and further studies
The graduates work in all kind of establishments of the food chain. Master`s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective doctoral programme in the universities in Latvia or abroad.
Why study Food Hygiene at the Latvia University of Agriculture?
- You will develop a multidisciplinary understanding of management and maintenance of the food safety systems.
- You will be offered to participate in research projects and volunteering activities.
- You will acquire knowledge and skills on the technology of food production, criteria of food safety, quality and hygiene, food infections as well as on legal aspects of international food trade, which allow you to develop your future career in many professional domains.
- We offer you an interactive study process with dynamic and experienced academic staff and opportunities of e-learning.
- We ensure the student-centred approach to the study process and focus specifically on your needs and interests in each study course.
Program taught in: