At BPP University Business School we incorporate professional development modules into our 18-month Master's programmes, which are designed to complement your chosen career path and ultimately enhance your employability in your chosen sector.
Modules we currently offer within our Master's programmes include:
- Academic Career Skills Module (30 Credits)
Available with MSc Accounting and Finance
- Professional Development and Practice Module (60 Credits)
Available with full-time MSc Management (including Finance and Project Management streams), MSc International Marketing
- Employability Skills and Academic Practice Module (60 Credits)
Available with International MBA
These modules will encourage you to focus on the professional skills you will gain during your Master's programme and help you transfer your knowledge into practice. These modules give you the option to complete your final Master's project in a highly practical way, using work experience, projects or consultancy experience as the basis for your final project assessment.
Each module gives you the opportunity to:
- Engage with professional bodies and practitioner networks to help facilitate your long-term career development.
- Gain access to skills and employability development days, providing insight into a range of employability subjects including Commercial Awareness, Connecting with Industry, Emotional Intelligence and Entrepreneurship.
- Develop a robust Career Development Plan (CPD), development portfolio and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to enhance your engagement with employers and your professional network.
- Understand a range of self-branding techniques including the use of social media platforms to showcase your professional experience.
- Gain access to employer-led forums to gain an insight into the range of opportunities available to graduates.
- Receive ongoing support from the Professional Development Team who offer one-to-one support and coaching to assist you to develop an appropriate career strategy.
Professional Development Team
Our Professional Development Team will support you during your programme and also work to build relationships with employers, agencies and professional associations. These relationships enable BPP University Business School to facilitate a range of work experience opportunities in areas such as accountancy, finance, marketing, management and human resources.
Work Experience Opportunity
During our 18-month Master's programmes, the BPP University Business School Professional Development Team will help you to search, select, apply and prepare for work experience opportunities with employers. This work experience can be in a paid or unpaid job, short-term internship, employer-led or Professional Body project, consultancy work or volunteering. Any opportunity you secure has to be suitable for a graduate, and challenging. Open to both international and UK/EU students, this work experience will add value to your CV and assist your future employability.
Many students who have secured paid or unpaid job opportunities have progressed to full-time roles as a result of this experience.
Previous paid or unpaid job opportunities have included:
- Data Analyst
- Supply Chain and Operations Assistant
- Senior Marketing Executive
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Manager
- Management Accountant
- Trainee Accountant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Financial Resources Officer
Previous work experience projects have included:
- Investigating employee retention and motivation in care services
- Exploring options for online investment portfolio and product management
- Considering international expansion for an SME Home and Garden Retailer
- Critique and improvement of an online retailers' marketing and sales strategy
"Through the Academic and Career Skills module, I secured a placement at MG Group, a small accounting firm in Middlesex, England. During my placement I used most of the things that I learnt at BPP University. I was actually able to put the models and theories into practice, which worked very well in my job where I ended up being promoted from an intern into marketing manager.
Since leaving BPP University, I have become an entrepreneur. After I finished my Master's I applied for the UK government awarded Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa and I was selected. As a result of that, I received a visa sponsorship to continue working on my business idea, a digital marketing agency."
Gina Rodriguez, MSc International Marketing (with the Academic Career Skills module) graduate Marketing Manager at MG Group
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 20, 2018