- Almada / Lisboa
The main purpose since the course is the acquisition, by the masters, of a specialization of a professional nature that enables them to teach at the levels of Pre-School Education and the 1st Cycle of Basic Education.
The master's degree aims at building knowledge and developing skills in different dimensions based on:
- In the knowledge obtained at the undergraduate / graduate level, deepening and developing them technically and scientifically;
- In the generic and specific competences of the profession with a view to a multicontextualized application, promoter of a quality education;
- The ability to use and integrate knowledge of their specialty and transversal knowledge appropriate to their respective levels of education.
- Teaching in Pre-School Education, in public and private education.
- Teaching in the 1st Cycle of Basic Education, in public and private education.
Pre-School Educator and Professor of the 1st Cycle of Basic Education.
For the completion of the Master's Degree in Pre-primary Education and 1st Cycle Basic Education, the student must comply with a curricular plan consisting of 120 compulsory ECTS credits:
- 71 ECTS credits in the specialization course
- 49 ECTS credits referring to the curricular units of Supervised Teaching Practice and Seminar of Investigation in Education.
The Master in Pre-School Education and Teaching of the 1st Cycle of Basic Education should demonstrate competences for:
- To develop the curriculum, organizing and evaluating the educational environment and planning, the activities in a project logic;
- Master the techniques of observation, planning and assessment to meet the needs of children and learning objectives;
- To promote an environment conducive to the establishment of child-adult and child-child interpersonal relationships in order to promote affective security, autonomy and cooperation;
- Encourage children's curiosity, ability to perform tasks and solve problems;
- To promote the personal and social development of children in a perspective of education for citizenship;
- Involve family and community in the educational process;
- Self-assess, reflecting on your performance
- Recognize the need for continuous training.
Access to other degrees
The Master's degree allows the application to the degree of Doctorate / Doctorate, under the respective legal terms.
Contact the Institution.
Support to International Students
- Support for application formalities;
- Support in the search for accommodation;
- Initial Portuguese Language Course Tutorial accompaniment, during the first year of the school, for English or French speakers.
Fees and gratuities
Contact the Institution.
- Accredited course (A3ES: 06/23/2015)
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Last updated April 3, 2018