Health today represents one of the main areas of economics in modern societies. It requires highly skilled professionals in multiple technical fields, which enhances quality and essential teaching and research structures in any open economy. The demand placed on both medical and medical devices encourages a constant modernization of business fabric, enhancing the sophistication of production models. As an area of very complex knowledge, Health has been a decisive factor for the improvement of the quality systems of goods and services. For all reasons, Health will be in the 21st century at the center of the most competitive and decisive economic activities of societies.
The ability to understand the dynamics in Health, its multiple complexity, options, opportunities to introduce new technological leaps, trends generated from economic dynamics, social expectations and - always - the professional achievement of holders of such diverse knowledge that converges to a core reason and that is the patient, require a solid domain of perspectives. The Post-Graduation in Health Management constitutes a unique opportunity to provide a wide range of knowledge to look at the complex health sector from diverse approaches, where the economic relevance, the primacy of technical requirements and the quality of the final result of the activity harmonize to a winning competitiveness.
- Programmatic contents based on practical principles and applied to reality;
- Faculty composed of professionals and reference scholars;
Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists and Senior Health Technicians who wish to specialize in Health Management and, in general, all professionals of higher level who wish to acquire knowledge in health or perform functions within the scope of Health Services Management, such as administrators hospitals, clinical directors, laboratories and directors of medical and nursing action services.
Represented Portugal at the meeting of EU experts on HIV / AIDS health and the Committee on Pollution-Related Disorders. Member of several health committees. Was appointed as Representative of the Portuguese State for the triennium 2014-2017 in WHO Europe. He is the author and co-author of a dozen published scientific articles, as well as the Guide to Clinical Medicine, intended to be used in the PALOP, published by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, and the book Histórias de Saúde Pública. He is Rapporteur and co-editor of the publication entitled Health in Portugal, published in English under the Portuguese Presidency of the European Union (2007).
This health management course gives its participants the skills to:
- The exercise of functions in the area of hospital administration;
- The exercise of functions in the intermediate areas in the management of health units, namely in the departments of human resources, financial, logistic, production, health facilities and equipment;
- The performance of differentiated and qualified technical functions in the health units, namely in terms of communication, quality certification and information management;
- Career progression as a health professional or health care institution.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 6, 2018