- It has been designed to bring the workplace into the classroom
- It provides a firm grounding for developing the skills and competencies essential for managerial effectiveness
- Study at our school in the City of London with access to workshops, guest speaker events and networking opportunities
- This is a contemporary course, informed by industry and practitioners
- Tutors are experienced business professionals bringing real-world examples and case studies into lectures, seminars and discussions
Our programme is geared towards the realities of working as a modern manager and our face-to-face delivery consists of a highly effective combination of lectures, small group sessions and blended learning opportunities. The small group sessions have a strong emphasis on contextual student learning, involving practical skills sessions to prepare you for what it is really like to work in management settings whilst facing managerial challenges.
In a typical week, you can expect 3 hours of lectures and small group seminar/workshops for each 15-credit module, in addition to any support classes that you may be enrolled in.
You will also find further support at your fingertips through the Business School's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). You will work alongside people from diverse backgrounds, including experienced industry professionals, all within a business-orientated environment.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will receive 60 credits. These can be used to progress onto BPP University’s full MSc Management programme thus enabling you to continue your study from term two.
Develop your Professional Skills
We focus on developing your professional skills so you can transfer management concepts into real life. A wide variety of activities are used to support your learning, including:
- Interactive lectures
- Video and written case studies
- Individual and group exercises
- Business Simulations
- Engagement with a range of professional and academic materials
- Management skills sessions, including presentations, boardroom discussions and simulations
You will be assessed using a combination of coursework, group assignments, timed release assessments and supervised projects. Your programme materials will include formative assessments and revision packs to fully prepare you. You will also get feedback throughout the programme to help you to realise your full potential.
Students wishing to study the Postgraduate Certificate in Management will require:
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree from the UK or recognised international university or another equivalent international qualification; or
- An acceptable professional qualification equivalent such as the CMI, ILM, CIM, CIMA at level 6 or above;
Following a review of applications, candidates may be required to:
- Attend an interview (via Skype, WebEx or face-to-face)
- Take part in a telephone interview
- Submit a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 580 or above
- Submit a Graduate Records Examination (GRE) of 500 for Verbal and 500 for Quantitative. The median GRE score for each section ranges from 550-625 per section, with the median total around 1200
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements but have other qualifications or work experience, please contact us and we can review your options.
If your first language is not English you will need an IELTS level 6.5 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in all components in addition to the above entry requirements.