New Edition Academic Year 2018-2019: application deadline on the 28th of September!
Classes start: 22nd of October 2018
The Program has the aim of training highly qualified professionals with a solid background in the design of vehicle dynamics and capable of operating in all the phases of design and development of the vehicle, from dynamic simulation to test the prototype and the preproduction vehicle. The Course provides students with special and specific competence in vehicle testing techniques, both virtually, through CAE, and experimentally on the real vehicle (on track and road).
The training program, as an absolutely innovative element, includes, alongside frontal instruction, test sessions on the circuit of the Quattroruote Safe Driving Centre, during which the participants will be engaged at first hand in learning the techniques and methodologies used in testing, inspection, checks and fine-tuning of the vehicle dynamic behavior. All the participants will take a specially designed course in Advanced Driving, oriented to the subsequent phase of testing and inspection on the circuit.
The training program of the Course is completed, and this aspect also represents an innovation, by the use of a static simulator for developing vehicles in a virtual environment.
The Program is a full time, international, one-year course equivalent to 1,500 hours and to a total of 60 ECTS points, divided into frontal instruction at the University of Pavia, Palazzo Vistarino, practical exercises at the Quattroruote circuit (Vairano di Vidigulfo, Pavia), an internship period (equivalent to 24 ECTS points) at the main automotive companies, guided tours to facilities related to the course, seminars, study activities and individual preparation.
The wide-ranging curriculum is made up of 8 teaching modules:
- Total Vehicle Design - total hours 150 - ECTS 6
- Fundamental Driving Dynamics - total hours 100 - ECTS 4
- Virtual Dynamics Design and Simulation - total hours 100 - ECTS 4
- Materials and Structural Design - total hours 100 - ECTS 4
- Propulsion: IC and Hybrid - total hours 50 - ECTS 2
- Vehicle Dynamic Control - total hours 25 - ECTS 1
- Total Vehicle Testing and Development - total hours 150 - ECTS 6
- Biomechanics: Driver/Vehicle interactions - total hours 175 - ECTS 7
Advanced short courses included:
- Unconventional Vehicle Dynamics;
- Tire/Vehicle Handling Analyses;
- Tire/Vehicle Handling: experimental test with different tire specifications;
- Advanced techniques for the physical modeling of tire/road interaction phenomena;
- Composites application in Automotive;
- Experimental workshop on objective and subjective performance evaluations;
- Autonomous Vehicles and Regulation;
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems;
Duration: one-year full-time Start date: October 2018 Location: Pavia, Italy Application start: July 2018 Admission available until September 1stFor further information please contact Prof. Carlo Rottenbacher e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +39 340 4105159
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 30, 2018