A Masters in Post Primary Education – Professional Master of Education is perfect for you if you want to be a part of the growth and development of teenagers aged 12-18.
As a secondary school teacher, or post primary teacher, you will specialise in two subjects and you will teach these to students from the first year to the sixth year. It is your enthusiasm and focus on your subjects that will motivate and foster a love of the subject material by students, thereby ensuring that they bring as much learning as possible with them in their future endeavours. As an unknown author once said “Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions.”
Our Master in Post Primary Education is developed by teachers for teachers to help you become a professional educator, positioned to be a leader in the field of post primary teaching. Hibernia College has a reputation for pioneering new teaching methodologies and embracing change in the ever-evolving world of education.
On this programme, you will specialise in two post primary level subjects and your enthusiasm for, and knowledge of, these subjects is what will enable you to foster a love of learning in your future students.
It is not a requirement to have prior teaching experience to be eligible to apply for this course.
Reasons to Study With Us
- Accessibility: The PME in Post Primary Education is available to graduate student teachers wherever you live. Complete your teaching practice in local schools and train as a teacher without having to relocate.
- Experience: Hibernia College is at the forefront of educational research and pioneering teaching methodologies. We are constantly embracing and implementing change in the classroom, empowering you in your future career.
- Community: The live online tutorials and forums are a great source of support and a useful way to get to know your fellow classmates. You will also connect with your peers and faculty at regular onsite workshops.
- Faculty: Our programme is created by teachers, for teachers. The dedicated and published faculty is leading in the field of post primary education and is active in researching contemporary education issues.
All applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Level 8 degree
- English qualification
Hibernia College requires all applicants to possess:
- A minimum grade O5 (Ordinary Level) or grade H6 (Higher Level) in Leaving Certificate English.
- A minimum grade C in GCSE English or minimum grade C in GCSE English Literature
- An equivalent qualification and standard in English
About the School
Hibernia College, is an established leader in pioneering new education technologies and embracing change in the ever-evolving world of education.