The goal of the Post Master's degree is to provide advanced skills and a cutting-edge experience in a wide range of Digital Security applications. The strength of the program relies on a multi-faceted approach dealing with key fields of security applications: Security of Software, Embedded Systems, Cloud computing, Data, IoT, Networks, and Communications.
With the fast development of computer and communication systems in our private and professional life, today have come fraud and malevolence in various forms. Attacks are routinely ranging from simple computer nuisances to cybercrime and threats to critical infrastructure. In the past decades' technical means to counter these attacks have experienced a tremendous growth and the birth of entirely new fields:
- The large-scale use of cryptography by the general public,
- Software, operating system, and network security,
- Secure Internet transactions,
- Security of mobile and wireless communications,
- Rights management and protection of multimedia content.
The Post Master's degree offers the necessary technical knowledge for engineers responsible for designing secure systems and system administrators responsible for ensuring computer and network security within a company or a public authority.
The following security topics will be covered:
- cryptography and its applications
- malware detection and analysis
- specific mechanisms for the protection of communications, networks and distributed computer applications
- image protection and biometric techniques
To be eligible, Candidates need a Master's degree (minimum 5 years of higher education) or equivalent and a certified B2 level in English. A Master's degree in a relevant field is expected (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics...) with a good foundation in Maths.
The curriculum is very flexible as it offers many elective courses allowing students to design their own program according to their expectations and projects.
The approach to learning is very hands-on (practical exercises, projects, internships) to facilitate entry in the job market.
Fall Semester (October-January)
- Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing
- Image Coding
- Digital Image Processing
- Mobile communication systems
- Introduction to computer networking and internet
- Secure communications
- Introduction to Statistics
- System and Network Security
- Entrepreneurship and Capital-Venture
- Sustainable ICT's
- Innovation & new product development
- Introduction to management
- Intellectual property law
- Personal Development and Team Leadership
Language 1 1 ECTS in the English language is required. Students can study up to 2 foreign languages.
Semester Project 6
Supervised Semester Projects are based on real-case studies of industrial relevance. They combine a blend of theoretical and practical work (developing new prototypes and tools, testing new technologies, assessing current systems and solutions…). Students can work individually or in a group of 2/3. The expected workload is 100 hours of individual work per semester. A defense is organized at the end of each semester. Projects provide students with hands-on skills by allowing them to put concepts into practice.
Spring Semester (February-June)
- Cyber-crime and Computer Forensics
- FormalMethods-Formal specification and verification of systems
- Hardware Security
- Imaging for security applications watermarking & biometrics
- Mobile Advanced Networks
- Mobile Networking
- Security applications in networking and distributed systems
- Business Simulation
- General introduction to law: contracts, setting up a business
- Project management
- Sociological Approaches of Telecom Technologies
Language Students can study up to 2 foreign languages.
Semester Project 6 See the description of the project above.
Paid Industrial Internship / Thesis
The last semester is made of a 6-month internship which provides students with a cutting-edge professional experience and a competitive edge.
The internship is to be carried out in a company in France or abroad. Students work on a development project under the supervision of a professor and an industrial mentor.
Students are integrated as part of the staff and receive a monthly allowance, the amount of the allowance depends on the company and position. EURECOM provides students with an updated database of paid internship opportunities offered by its partner companies. Students can use EURECOM's platform to directly send their application to companies.
Example of companies where students did their internship: ORANGE/SAP/AMADEUS/IWE, etc.
EURECOM offers a very high-quality education on the hottest topics of computer science and its international environment allows you to meet and work with people from all over the world, what is an extremely recommended experience. Moreover, EURECOM's companies network and its Security training reputation make easy to find a relevant internship in France or abroad, having the possibility to stay in the company often, as it was my case.It's a great opportunity to grow personally and professionally in one of the best places to live in Europe! Jorge, Post Master's graduate - Class 2016, Software developer (Iwe Cloud)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 26, 2018