An Innovative Program Closely Aligned with Industrial Requirements
The modern air transport industry needs engineers who have more than the traditional technical skills. The airlines need to ensure global security at an affordable cost. Their Engineers need a global view of the legal and economic environment as well as an in-depth understanding of operations and maintenance processes in order to cope with growing international competition and a complex regulatory framework.
ESTACA offers a Post-Master program in aeronautical operations and maintenance that applies to Airline, MRO operators, Airport operators Aeronautical logistic and air manufacturing companies. The aim of this one-year program is to offer students the means to understand the organization and the economy of the air transport industry. They will be in close contact with our partners (Aircraft manufacturers, Airlines, MRO operators, Airport operators, so they will be able to apply their theoretical knowledge directly to real cases. The Air Rules are the cornerstone of this course and are studied with different approaches.
Acquire the skills to understand the organization and the economy of the air transport industry
- Teaching faculty heavily involved in the industrial sector.
- A global overview of the air transport industry.
- Implementation and execution of aircraft maintenance and airline operations from the perspective of a manufacturer, maintenance operator, and airline.
- Ability to work within the constraints of aeronautics regulations.
- Understanding of European (EASA) and US (FAA) regulations.
- Understanding of relationships between airworthiness authorities, manufacturers, airlines, airports and MRO operators.
Syllabus: 400 hours of academic coursework (more details on the courses page)(October to mid-February)
- Regulatory environment (in Europe and the United States)
- Airline operations
- MRO operations
- Engineering skills
6 months minimum of in-company operational training followed by a professional thesis defense (February - August)
- Teaching modules assessed via exams and case studies.
- Academic project & Professional thesis assessed via a dissertation.
- The aeronautical supply chain for manufacturer and equipment providers or/and airlines.
- Maintenance department manager, project manager for aircraft maintenance operations, project manager for an aircraft interior redesign operation, etc.
- Maintenance and support departments for aircraft manufacturers, aircraft maintenance operators, airlines and airport operators.
- Flight safety manager, a quality manager in an airline or an airport operator.
air france (airline & MRO) , airbus, ADP (aéroports de paris), zodiac aerospace.
- Lectures, case studies, teamwork project, and management.
Number of credits
- 75 ECTS
This program is open to all foreign and French students holding a Master Degree (preferably in scientific fields, a business master may also apply) or having completed five years of studies in an Engineering degree. Applicants should have English language proficiency (TOEFL iBT: 91 or TOEIC: 850 or IELTS: 6.5).
Location: ESTACA Paris-Saclay campus in Saint Quentin en Yvelines.
About the School
Founded in 1925, ESTACA is a member of ISAE group, 1st world cluster in aerospace training and research. ESTACA is highly specialized in the fields of aeronautics, automotive, space and guided transpo ... Read More