The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset develops this master's degree in its School of Politics and High Government, Governance .
A plural and independent space to share experiences, acquire new knowledge and develop the capacities that governments and public administrations need to be transparent and efficient in their management.
Official qualification awarded by the University of Santiago de Compostela, in collaboration with the Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset ./>
Program Director: Dr. Nieves Lagares/>
Academic Council: Dr. Javier Zamora Bonilla, Dr. José Luis Barreiro, Dr. Javier Del Rey Morató, Dr. David Redolí Morchón, Dr. Margarita Márquez Padorno, Dr. Erika Jaráiz, Dr. Pablo Oñate Rubalcaba, Dr. Juan Montabes Pereira , Dr. José Manuel Rivera, Dr. Gabriel Colomé García, Dr. José Luis Sanchís, Dr. Andrea Donofrío, Dr. Fernando Vallespín Oña.
Title: Master's Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication.
Credits: 60 ECTS
Price: 7,000 euros *
Duration: 1 year
Responsible Center: University of Santiago de Compostela and Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset .
Languages: Spanish and English
Number of seats: 60
Information and contact: email@example.com
Considered the Best Communication Master according to the newspaper El Mundo, in the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Its main objective is to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for a correct professional performance in the field of marketing and political communication , always in the governmental, administrative and / or institutional sphere. The aim is to train professionals with a global knowledge of all the areas related to political marketing, who at the same time have the skills to respond to the multiple tasks that they deal with in the companies that are dedicated to these market areas./>
This Master has been verified by the National Agency for the Evaluation of Quality and Accreditation (ANECA), attached to the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. The credits completed in the Master are automatically recognized for access to doctoral studies at any University of the European Higher Education Area.
* Prices subject to modifications
Presentation and Objectives
The Master in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication is the main reference of this discipline in Spain, having been considered in the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 as the best Master's Degree in Communication , according to the prestigious Master's ranking developed annually by the newspaper El Mundo. Its training program responds to the growing demand of communication professionals in organizations with a strategic focus. It offers, for those who wish to specialize in this field, the necessary theoretical and practical tools for the design and implementation of effective and effective political and institutional communication strategies./>
- Develop the knowledge and skills necessary for a correct professional performance in marketing and political communication always within the governmental, administrative and / or institutional scope.
- To train professionals with a global knowledge of all areas related to political marketing, who at the same time have the skills to respond to the multiple tasks that they deal with in companies that are dedicated to these market areas.
- Develop a comprehensive and global thinking of political marketing, of political communication in particular, and of political consultancy in general.
- To know in depth the different consulting techniques, the processes that affect political communication and political marketing techniques; and the strategies and resources necessary to implement, manage and enhance the marketing of organizations and institutions.
- Acquire integral competences on the social and organizational context in which political marketing is developed in order to identify public, interlocutors, actors and agents of communication, as well as the communication and marketing tools required to interact with each one.
- Acquire skills to adapt to the common work of political consultants, in communication teams and political marketing management, and in complementary areas of consulting, where it is essential, from knowing how to prepare a project to having the ability to present a good report.
- Enhance and develop managerial skills to successfully exercise responsibilities in organizations and institutions that use marketing and communication.
The Master offers a route of specialization in political consulting, which will allow students to know the techniques and dynamics necessary for their incorporation into this market. The student will obtain an advanced global vision, which will allow him to carry out his career in a wide variety of organizations and institutions, both public and private. In this sense, the professional insertion of the students includes political parties, public institutions, companies, non-governmental organizations, and communication or political consulting companies.
MODULE I: Advanced Theory and Methodology of Marketing and Political Communication/>
- Theory and methods in research. (6 ETCS) (OB)
MODULE II: Techniques and instruments of Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication
- Research techniques: in political marketing and political consulting (6 ETCS) (OB)
- Political communication techniques (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Marketing tools (3 ETCS) (OB)
MODULE III: Institutional and Government Marketing and Communication
- Institutional Marketing (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Policy and Communication 2.0 (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Institutional communication (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Crisis management (3 ETCS) (OB)
MODULE IV: Consultancy, Marketing and Political-Electoral Communication
- Planning and direction of campaigns (3 ETCS) (OP)
- The consultant and campaign management (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Government and campaign (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Electoral scenarios (3 ETCS) (OP)
MODULE V: Political Consulting
- Consultancy in public administration (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Consulting tools (6 ETCS) (OP)
- Types of consulting (3 ETCS) (OP)
EXTERNAL PRACTICES (6 ECTS)
The accomplishment of a period of practices in institutions, agencies or companies of the sector of the political and institutional marketing and the political communication has several objectives. On the one hand, it tries to serve as a bridge between the life experience of a student and the performance of a job. On the other hand, it serves as a field of experience for the application of the acquired knowledge and to observe in reality how the application of said knowledge is developed by more experienced professionals. The student has a tutor at the university to which he can go for any question or doubt of any problem that arises. The tutor / a is in contact with the managers of the company in which the student develops his internship period. At the end of this period, the company issues an evaluation report on the student's performance, at the same time that the student has to write a report about their activity during the internship.
Provisional list of collaborating companies/>
- TV Academy
- Agencia EFE
- Alterna Project Marketing
- Public Communication Advisors
- Political Communication Association (ACOP)
- AXA MedLA IT
- City Council of Bustarviejo
- City Council of San Martín de Valdeiglesias
- Villanueva de Perales Town Hall
- CC.OO. Madrid
- DOG Communication
- Editoria Imparcial de Occidente SA
- The newspaper
- Spanish Confederation of Organizations in favor of People with Intellectual or Development Disabilities (FEAPS)
- International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies (FIIAPP)
- Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT)
- José Ortega y Gasset Foundation - Gregorio Marañón
- Gypsy Secretariat Foundation
- Press Office Inforpress
- Governa América Latina (José Ortega y Gasset Foundation - Gregorio Marañón)
- Gómez-Acebo y Pombo
- IU De Rivas Vaciamadrid
- IMS Health
- Left Open Madrid
- United Left
- Assistance Foundation for the Armed Forces and the Civil Guard
- Communication Laboratory
- Michael Page
- Ostos and Sola
- Political Intelligence SL
- PSOE Alcalá de Henares
- Radio Vallekas
- Sanchís y Asociados Hispacom
- Civil Society and Democracy
- Torres and Carrera
- TNS Investigación de Mercados y Opinión SL
Intensify the practical and professional approach of the Master, and adequately develop the knowledge and skills raised.
After the completion of the internship, the student must submit two documents to the coordinator:
- Certificate of completion of practices, issued by the company and where the main characteristics of said practice are reflected as well as the evaluation of the student's performance.
- Completion of practices report, carried out by the student, where they should reflect their experience and knowledge, skills and attitudes developed.
The teacher / tutor validates these documents and grades the student's report based on the performance of the student evaluated by the host company or institution and their own self-report.
Performance of the student evaluated by the host company: 25%
Report made by the student: 25%
Assessment of the practices evaluated by the teacher / tutor: 50%
FINAL MASTER WORK (12 ECTS)
The Final Master's Project (TFM) is a compulsory work that will consist of a small individual or group research project, carried out by the students tutored by a teacher and to be defended in a public way and through which the student will be able to show the skills and theoretical and practical knowledge acquired throughout the course.
The work of End of Master, allows the student to develop the writing, argumentation, analysis and public exhibition skills, fundamental for the professional profiles of the degree.
- Ability to apply the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program.
- Ability to handle the fundamental concepts involved in political marketing.
- Ability to develop research in the field of Marketing and Political Communication.
- Ability to search for documentation, confrontation and criticism of information sources.
- Ability to handle the methodological tools and documentaries of political marketing.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex realities.
- Ability to analyze the marketing and communication of organizations, their agents, interests and their modes of relationship.
- Ability to write and compose a study, theoretical or practical, on Marketing and Communication.
- Capacity to establish systems for evaluating the quality of work.
- Ability to orally expose and defend the work before a specialized audience.
The Final Master's Thesis will be evaluated by a tribunal formed by the degree's faculty and by professionals of recognized prestige, according to the following weight:
- Individual or group work and final document: 50%
- Defense of the Work: 50%
In case the court judges that the work does not reach a level of quality and adequacy to the conditions of departure worthy of being evaluated with a 5, the student should go to the next possible call to present a new work that corrects the observed deficiencies in the previous.
Development of the program/>
The Master's Degree lasts one academic year, starting in October 2017 and ending in May 2018. Master classes will preferably be held on Thursdays and Fridays in the afternoon and on Saturdays in the morning, while the workshops for the acquisition of skills and abilities, of an optional nature, will be held on some Wednesday afternoon.
During the course various teaching methodologies will be combined to facilitate the understanding of the theoretical contents through workshops and experiences of communication professionals. The case method, lectures, defenses of class work, seminars with international personalities, practical workshops and group work will be used.
The obtaining of the Master's degree will be conditioned to the passing of the subjects of the program according to the criteria established by each teacher, to the active participation in the classes, to the accomplishment of the external practices and to the elaboration of the TFM realized under the supervision of tutors specialized in the area of interest of the student. In no case may you miss more than 20% of classes in each module.
- Graduates in Political Science
- Graduates in Journalism or Information Sciences
- Graduates in Economics
- Graduates in Business Administration and Management
- Graduates in Advertising and Public Relations
- Graduates in Management and Public Administration
- Law graduates
All university degrees that allow access to Master's studies. The Master's Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication can be carried out both at the University of Santiago de Compostela and at the headquarters of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset . However, the registration process will be carried out only at the University of Santiago through its virtual secretariat. Information about the registration process will be updated in each call.
For access to a Master's Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication, it is necessary to hold a university degree or undergraduate degree or another issued by a higher education institution belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
In the case of graduates in educational systems outside the EHEA, they will be admitted without having to approve their qualifications, as long as they accredit a level of training equivalent to the respective official Spanish university degrees, and submit the title issued by their respective countries. access to postgraduate training. This way will not suppose, in no case, the homologation of the title, nor its recognition to other effects that the one of studying the teachings of Máster.
Pre-registration and admission process
The regular pre-admission period, for the 2018/2019 academic year, begins on March 5 and ends on September 22. During this time, the student must send the request to the address firstname.lastname@example.org forwarding the following scanned documents and sending the originals by mail to the postal address: Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset (c / Fortuny, 53 - 28010-MADRID).
The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset reserves the right to cancel the Master's edition, if there is not enough students to guarantee the viability of the same.
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief explanatory report of the reasons for carrying out the program (20-25 lines)
- Photocopy of the passport or DNI with the original certificate
- License size photograph
- Legalized photocopy of the Superior Degree of graduate and graduate with the original certification
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Legalized photocopy of the certification of the studies carried out that shows the official duration, in academic years, of the study plan followed, the courses taken and the workload of each of them with the original certification.
In addition, graduates from outside the European Higher Education Area, or without an approved foreign higher education degree, must submit:
- Certification of the University in which the studies have been completed and in which it is clear that these qualify for access to postgraduate studies in the issuing country. Students with foreign qualifications not approved or in process of approval must present the documents duly legalized and translated into Spanish, if applicable.
The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset notify the student of the pre-admission, and from that moment on, he will have a period of 10 days to formalize the reservation of the place.
In the case of the extraordinary pre-admission period, the delivery of the documentation described above must be made before September 30.
If there is any vacancy, a second special pre-admission period will be opened, in which the documentation described above must be submitted and the reservation formalized before September 30.
The students of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset enrolled in the official Master's programs may apply for a scholarship from the Institute's Excellence Program. These scholarships will cover 30% of the tuition fee, excluding the fees paid to the University of reference.
Each student wishing to apply for an Excellence Scholarship will have to submit to the Institute's secretariat an application instance stating:
- Personal information
- The Master in which he is enrolled
- The documentation that contributes
- The scholarships that you have requested or intend to apply for in any public or private call
The scholarship application must be made upon registration, no later than September 10, 2018.
The criteria for granting the scholarships are: academic record (70%), personal or family situation (10%), residence outside of Madrid in the year prior to enrollment (10%), and personal motivation (10%). Students must submit documentation that certifies each of these criteria and may attach two letters of recommendation from teachers. The Institute may request the selected students to prove the authenticity of the documents submitted with originals or certified copies.
The Academic Commission that grants the scholarships will be integrated by the director of the Institute, the general director of the José Ortega y Gasset - Gregorio Marañón Foundation and two professors of the Institute appointed at the proposal of the director of the Institute and the general director. The directors of each Master will send to the Institute's address, before November 15 of each year, a motivated report, according to the aforementioned criteria, with a scholarship award proposal in which a priority will be established among the students who have requested scholarship in his Master. The Commission, according to the reports received, will raise a scholarship award proposal before December 1 of each year.
The Excellence Scholarships of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset are incompatible with any other public or private scholarship granted to the student to take the Master in which he has enrolled in the Institute. The scholarship holder is obliged to inform the Institute of any other scholarship granted, within a period of 10 days from its granting. The Institute will claim the student the amount that would have been granted for the Excellence Scholarship of the Institute if this circumstance occurred.
The amount of the scholarship will be applied to the last term of the payment of the tuition. The Institute may request scholarship students to perform extracurricular practices in support of the teaching, research and cultural activities of the institution, which will be recognized by a certificate . These practices do not imply a labor or commercial relationship with the institution or be remunerated.
Scholarships of the ALUMNI Program/>
Former students of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset will be entitled to a 5% discount on any new program they enroll. This discount, which will be considered a scholarship, will be applied to the tuition fee, excluding the fees paid to the University of reference. The discount will be applied in the last installment of the tuition payment.
To apply for this scholarship, the student will have to submit an application to the Institute's secretariat, as well as the documentation that proves that he or she has been a student of the Institute.
In no case, this discount will be applied to second or successive enrollments of subjects that have not been approved or to subjects of the same program that have not been completed in the first year of enrollment.
Scholarships for prompt payment
Students who formalize the first payment of their enrollment in any official Master of the Institute before May 16, this included, will be entitled to a scholarship of 5% discount of the tuition fee, excluding the fees paid to the University of reference. The discount will be applied in the last installment of the tuition payment. Students must submit an application to the secretary of the Institute, along with proof of the first payment, before May 16.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 27, 2018