This master's degree teaches a professional profile specialized in product design centered on consumer experience via the use of new technologies.
The study schedule includes a theoretical part which lays out the principal concepts, theories, and trends to be considered when developing design projects for technological products (principally via soft technologies) which bring real and effective solutions to the individual and to society. The student will be trained in project-based methodology and in advanced concepts centered on the user/consumer.
The student can choose between two different specialization modules: wearables and smart products. The first specialty explores the latest design trends in wearable technologies, while the second one offers the possibility to learn, experiment with, design and develop technological objects in a household setting and for those who live there.
The program is taught in collaboration with Eurecat - Technology Centre of Catalonia, where some sessions will take place. This will allow the student to enjoy some of the latest technologies in a state-of-the-art facility.
- Certification: Official Master's Degree in Technological Product Design
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Duration: 1 year
- Dates: October to July
- Language: Spanish
- Course type: On-campus
- Areas of specialty:
- Directors: Joris Debo and Tito Favaro
- Co-director: Ernest Perera
- Executive director: Sílvia Ferrer
- Pau Alsina
- Saül Baeza
- Andreu Carulla
- Evelyn Lebis
- Raúl Nieves
- Francesc Pera
- Anastasia Pistofidou
- Rosa Rodríguez
- Albert Rof
- Ramon Sangüesa
- Miquel Soler
- Fab Lab Barcelona
- Xavier Garcia
- Integrale Design
- Amor de Madre
- Offering training specialized in the development of new fields in technological product design and user interaction, answering to a growing demand for this type of consumer product with a high technological component.
- Encouraging and directing experimentation and research to give the student the possibility of applying to a doctorate program.
- Learning and assimilating the technology and tools necessary for designing and prototyping advanced products.
- Training professionals and promoting a spirit of investigation and innovation-oriented towards the resolution of new requirements for the improvement of individuals, businesses, and society.
Students enrolled in a master's program may take part in professional work experience through our Employment Exchange, created to facilitate their access into the world of work. LCI Barcelona has ties to numerous companies and institutions in the world of design, allowing the students to perform work experience in these companies and practice the skills and knowledge they have gained within a real professional context.
- Design of wearables for fashion and sport
- Technological product design
- Technological object and furniture design for the home
- Innovation manager
- Generating new concepts for a technological product or service design
- Creative and artistic direction for companies in the wearables or smart products sectors
- Product manager for technological product design projects
- Design and innovation management for specialized projects
- Design and innovation management in the technological product sector
- Project management for the creation of wearables or smart products