Experiential Interior Design (EID) refers to the practice of implementing experiential values in the design of spaces. It addresses a new approach to the design of interior spaces, emphasizing experiential human needs.
The concept of EID comes from the subjective impact of our surroundings, designed on the formation of individual experience. This environmental experience is determined as a result of human interaction with a physical space, generating a certain emotional or intellectual impact.
Nowadays we can identify the experience as the enabling factor of any product, space or service. Each one has a set of characteristics which can directly transmit meaning. The user can draw this meaning from themselves, with respect to the possible ways of using it.
On the other hand, the introduction of an experiential dimension for the user within a space has emerged as an answer to the shift in the paradigm of brand-to-client relations. Today’s consumers are no longer passive entities. They are now of a more critical and informed character and look for interaction with the universe of the brand via various platforms or channels. This may be from a website, a mobile phone app, a poster advertisement or in the physical space of a shop.
- Certification: Official Master's Degree in Experiential Interior Design
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Duration: 1 year
- Dates: October to July
- Language: Spanish
- Course type: On-campus
- Areas of specialty:
- Commercial premises (Retail Design)
- Hotel and restaurant spaces (Hospitality Design)
- Director: Dr. Carmelo Zappulla
- Co-director: Pedro Coelho
- Sebastian Amorelli
- David Cabrera Dalmazzo
- Marina Cella
- Dr. Edgar Domínguez Carreño
- Nicolás Markuerkiaga
- Juan Pablo Quintero
- Dr. Claudio Ternullo
- External Reference Architects
- Habitat Cluster Barcelona
- Manuel Torres Design
- Training specialized professionals to have the ability to face up to the current demand for designing experiential commercial premises with an interdisciplinary focus, a high degree of competitivity and through a methodology based on professional praxis.
- Equipping students with the necessary tools and work methodologies to confront the challenges brought about by this new paradigm of brand-to-client relations in which a product or a service is chosen for the experience it offers before purchasing it and while using it.
- Integrating an education system in design to enable the student to generate new concepts and to innovate, while surrounded by technology and digital culture.
- Designing and managing experiential interior design projects in their phases of conception, development, and construction or execution of the work.
- Managing the process of design and innovation of projects specialized in the areas of retail and hospitality.
- Promoting experimentation and research on the subject to give the student the possibility of moving on to a doctorate program.
Students enrolled in a master's program may take part in professional work experience through our Employment Exchange, created to facilitate their access into the world of work. LCI Barcelona has ties to numerous companies and institutions in the world of design, allowing the students to perform work experience in these companies and practice the skills and knowledge they have gained within a real professional context.
- Design of new concepts and formats for commercial premises (Retail Design)
- Design of new concepts and formats for hotel and restaurant spaces (Hospitality Design)
- Design of new experiences for corporate spaces in general
- Design of interactive experiences in commercial premises
- Design of interactive experiences in exhibition spaces: museography, exhibitions, stands and events
- Art direction for interior design and spatial design projects
- Design of interactive experiences for spaces in the fields of retail, hotels, and restaurants
- Creative and artistic direction for brands in the retail, hotel and restaurant areas
- Management of design and innovation projects specialized in these sectors
About the School
Our objective is none other than to channel the capabilities, aspirations and talent of each one of our students so they can be trained as excellent professionals, students only need dedication, enthu ... Read More