A master's degree that explores and develops graphics projects for advanced digital fields, based on new paradigms of interaction.
To innovate in the digital world, designers who specialize in visual communication need to manage and know how to exploit every possibility offered by interaction and communication technology on the web. With this objective, the official master's degree offers the student specialized training in research and a professional career in the area of interactive digital interface design. The student will learn how to bring innovative solutions and new, valuable proposals to a market which urgently demands new professionals. In the same way, the student will train as a researcher capable of understanding the fundamentals and methodologies of research in digital design, in relation to trends in communication, digital culture, and ICTs.
The master's degree positions project-based experience in graphic design and art direction for interactive digital projects, at the center of the person-technology-business trinomial, so that the students can design interactions with new digital ecosystems in mind. It will deal with the great theoretical paradigms of communication and sociology which concern digital society, as well as the methodologies and tools for researching, conceiving, developing and designing interactive digital solutions. It will take an in-depth look at research in design, user experience design, design management and innovation, interaction, and graphics interface, in languages of digital interface development and basic open-source programming for appliances in the space.
- Certification: Official Master's Degree in Creation and Development of Interactive Digital Projects
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Duration: 1 year
- Dates: October to July
- Language: Spanish
- Course type: On-campus
- Areas of specialty:
- Interactive digital projects for advertising and strategic communication
- Digital design projects for interaction in space
- Director: Dra. Natàlia Herèdia López
- Co-director: Anna Pallerols
- Head of Art Direction: Zoe Barceló
- Pere Esteve
- Jordi Galobart
- Chris Grant
- Dr. Carlos Montes (Montecarlo)
- Gerard Pagés
- Albert Rof
- Dr. Ramón Sangüesa
- Esteve Travesset
- Dra. Julia Wolny
- Dr. Carmelo Zappulla
- Marcel·lí Zuazua
- Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
- Training professionals and researchers in the field of interactive projects in digital settings.
- Providing the tools, knowledge, and skills to train professionals in the world of art direction, the design of user interface graphics and strategic communication with a multidisciplinary focus, a high level of competitivity and a methodology based on professional praxis.
- Integrating project-based techniques based on Design Thinking, user-centered design, and research in design, to be able to generate new concepts and innovate while surrounded by interaction, technology, and digital culture.
- Learning and assimilating technology and programming tools which are necessary for creating projects and prototypes of advanced interactions.
- Designing competitive and innovative interactive digital projects for industry and for society.
- Promoting experimentation and investigation to give the student the possibility of moving on to a doctorate.
Students enrolled in a master's program may take part in professional work experience through our Employment Exchange, created to facilitate their access into the world of work. LCI Barcelona has ties to numerous companies and institutions in the world of design, allowing the students to perform work experience in these companies and practice the skills and knowledge they have gained within a real professional context.
- UI Designer
- Art direction for digital projects
- UX Designer
- UX Researcher
- Interaction Designer
- Information Architect
- Design and development of websites
- Design and development of mobile apps
- Design and development of online corporate identity and advertising
- Design and development of interactions applied to space
- Creation and conceptualization of new online products and services
- Design and development of experimental interactive elements
- Management of digital projects
- Research in design