The master's degree in Social Policies and Community Action is presented as a professional and research proposal built from the approach of public policies and community action. This training proposal combines the acquisition of theoretical and practical knowledge with the participation of academic and professional teachers and uses case work to make a complex and participatory approach to the reality of the territory.
The program provides instruments for analysis, design and implementation of social policies to develop projects in the areas of public management, social research and community work. The training in community action is focused from a transdisciplinary perspective through the understanding of coexistence, communication and conflict, for its application to social intervention and research.
Public administration: to be able to design, plan, evaluate and deploy social policies and projects and community action programs, as well as to guide and coordinate professional teams in community action.
Organizations of the third sector: for the design, planning, evaluation and development of projects and social programs, as well as plans based on community action, and at the same time to guide and coordinate professional teams and volunteers involved in these programs.
Private sector: to be able to advise and give external support to the design and implementation of policies, programs, projects and community actions.
Practical guide for international students
Description of the master
The Master's Program in Social Policies and Community Action is structured in 8 compulsory modules, including the TFM
Structure of the curriculum
The Master is aimed at people with previous studies in social sciences and humanities, whether they are graduates, graduates or graduates, who seek to deepen tools for analysis, design and implementation of social policies and community action. Master's degrees in Sociology, Political Science, Social Psychology, Social Work, Social Education, Pedagogy, Economics, Law, Anthropology, Geography, History, Journalism, Primary Education and Early Childhood Education, as well as graduates in equivalent studies.
- Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- That students know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- That the students know how to communicate their conclusions -and the knowledge and ultimate reasons that sustain them- to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
From the beginning of the program and simultaneously to the completion of all the modules, the training process will begin for the acquisition of methodological tools for research and analysis that will help the student to complete the Master's Final Project.
For the completion of the Final Master's Project, students will be assigned a reference tutor who will accompany them throughout the process. This accompaniment will combine face-to-face meetings in the visits to the cases and experiences, with continuous monitoring and communication.
Students who have sufficient interest and availability can join some of the research that is being developed at that time in the IGOP from their School located in Nou Barris, in Barcelona. This fact will not exempt the completion of their Master's Final Project, although they will be able to relate it in the aforementioned investigations with the cases studied in the master's degree.
Check all the information as well as frequently asked questions at: http://escoladeligop.com/
About the School
La Fundación Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (FUAB) es una institución creada en el seno de la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona para colaborar con la Universidad en el desarrollo y en la realizació ... Read More