Read the Official Description
Last updated November 14, 2018
The Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism of Ostelea aims to train professionals and managers to lead business projects focused on the planning and management of different types of events (especially actions of Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions as well as congresses and conventions, professional fairs), dominate the concepts of protocol and communication strategies and public relations and generate a tourism development focused on the segment of quality business tourism, as well as the business perspective necessary to be efficient in the making of decisions.
The Master is taught in Barcelona as a business destination and world-class congresses, such as the Mobile World Congress, Bridal Week or the City Innovation Summit, which is used for the practical delivery of certain subjects.
This master's degree is also taught in English in Madrid.
Reasons to study the Master in Ostelea
- Management Experience: The student will develop the basic skills to manage projects effectively, the "Soft Skills".
- Organization of real events: The students of the master's degree are in charge of organizing the events and the protocol of the school. Among other acts, in previous calls students participated in the organization of the Day of the Book.
- Personal brand management: The program includes the development of skills in the field of personal brand management, which affect the learning of personal marketing techniques and employability, in order to detect professional opportunities in Spain or in other countries .
- Stress management techniques: The program includes several sessions on stress management techniques, an essential skill for any manager in hotel management, and whose effective psycho-emotional balance will depend on the effective organization of teams.
- Monthly conferences with managers of the different departments or CEOs of representative companies of the hotel management.
- Program for the development of management skills : Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- The student will have the possibility of holding an International Tourism Residential in Saxion (Holland). (additional cost)
- Campus to Campus: Possibility of carrying out part of the program in the other campus of Ostelea. Interchange Barcelona- Madrid (accommodation and displacement not included).
- In the top of Specialized Tourism Masters, the Master of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE) is in the second position confirming its leadership in Spain and its first position in Barcelona . Recognized by the World Ranking 2018 , and chosen by more than 800 experts and professionals and among 250 masters
- In the top of Masters of Event and Leisure Management, the Master of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE) is the 1st of Spain and is among the 10 best in the world according to the 2018 Eduniversal Ranking
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Training oriented to employability: Itineraries of professional careers, week of employability, employment forum, graduate program, among others (subject to call).
- The student who wants to start his own business will have access to the Entrepreneurs Project to receive advice.
Assistance to Fairs
- Extensive program of visits to fairs, events and organizations: In previous calls the master students visited the IBTM and Alimentaria fairs, the Dalí Museum in Figueres, the adventure park Portaventura, and the TV3 Marathon, in which they collaborated with the organization of the campaign against obesity.
Other outstanding values
- Ostelea is a member affiliated with the World Tourism Organization (WTO) , a benchmark in world tourism governance.
- Ostelea is a member of the Spanish Association of Tourism Professionals (AEPT).
- Research Group: Part of the faculty of the master is integrated into the Multidisciplinary Research Group of Tourism of EAE (GRIT-EAE).
- Seminars in Hospitality (Barcelona) or Sustainability (Madrid).
- Languages: English or French to choose.
The Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism will allow you to:
MEET THE MICE INDUSTRY (meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions) and the Protocol area of the institutions
Build a strong base of knowledge of the industry from an international perspective and always from the managerial approach within the hotel management.
To train executives oriented to the business management of the tourist companies able to obtain the expected results globally.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
To present the keys to the elaboration of strategic plans and their application to immediate action in MICE environments (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions).
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying participants for the assumption of positions of responsibility within the hotel management.
TRAINING OF DIRECTORS
Develop the necessary management skills of a global manager of MICE companies to ensure that collaborative, assertive and participatory work is developed among all team members.
The Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism of Ostelea is classified into 5 modules:
- Structure and international finance of the tourism sector.
- Talent management and innovation in global contacts.
- Business management of events organization and business tourism in global environments.
- International marketing, events protocol and business tourism.
- Master's Thesis
This program has the following characteristics:
- Modular of 60 ECTS - 468 contact hours
or 48 ECTS of subjects
or 12 ECTS of Master's Thesis
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
Ostelea offers its students a training oriented to employability
That is why it makes available to the students the TSDP (Tourism Skills Development Program) as well as a package of services whose objective is to guide and accompany them to achieve their professional objectives. These services include ( subject to convocation) :
- Itineraries (to choose one): Employability - Entrepreneurship - Career Transaction
- Talent Week
- Employment forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
The TSDP (Tourism Skills Development Program) includes (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
For this Master we highlight the following Professional Outputs:
- Director of establishments focused on business tourism and organization of events, such as convention and convention palaces, fairs, incentive agencies and other acts of commercial promotion in the field of public relations.
- Hotel establishments dedicated to hosting events, such as congresses, conventions and conferences.
- Companies that use sponsorship and patronage as a communication tool and need qualified professionals to manage the events they are going to organize or sponsor, and design the sponsorship of profitable projects from the point of view of the visibility and return of the investment.
- Departments of public institutions of any field dedicated to the implementation of cultural, patrimonial and artistic policies through the design, planning and management of events in this field.
- Protocol specialists in both private and official events, working in companies or on their own.
- Marketing directors of companies focused on business tourism
- Organizers and campaign managers for cultural events commissioned by private companies, public or individual clients.
- Consultants in the development, commercialization and financing of events.
This school offers programs in: