The master in Tourism and Event Organization (Official master) is qualified professionals of the events in the broadest spectrum conjugating the university rigor of outstanding professionals experienced in this field.
- Provide specific knowledge and skills to organize, coordinate and direct all kinds of events.
- Train professionals to promote project management and the development of research in this area.
This program is aimed at:
- Graduates, university graduates universitarisque wish to specialize in an area with excellent future prospects in our country and internationally.
- Entrepreneurs, managers or responsible for àreaque develop exclusively or in part his career organizing events of any kind in both the public sector and private.
Classes are taught in Castilian. Students have, for exclusive access, the Virtual Campus. It is an educational platform on which line of work materials as well as relevant information related to the master are hung. In this way a permanent care is guaranteed by the coordinator of this, Dr.. Pepa Aguar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
different field trips and study visits to institutions of special relevance for the training of participants will be made.
Students must complete a minimum of 350 hours of internship in companies in the events sector. The master has a diverse of those that adapt and interest profile of each student to the fan. This is one of the most important in completing their training assets. Stay in business practices regime is compulsory for obtaining master's degree.
Management, organization and coordination of events in all specialties in the field of business, public institutions or non-profit entities.
The master, which consists of 60 total ECTS, will run along a course. The curriculum is structured around four compulsory modules with a load of 9 ECTS. In the case of external practices, also mandatory, the load is 15 ECTS and Work Master Thesis 9 ECTS.
Structure of the curriculum
The Master is aimed at graduates, graduates and university graduates who wish to specialize in economic activity with excellent prospects for the future in our country. On the other hand, it is also directed at entrepreneurs, managers or area managers currently developing exclusive or partially his career organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences, sporting events, etc., both in public and in private. Shall possess capacity for innovation, organization, planning, communication, and interdisciplinary and team work. In addition, a level of speaking and writing fluent English, corresponding at least to Level B1 of the Common European Framework is required.
Possess knowledge and understanding that allow originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
Students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
Students to demonstrate that they have the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
Identify the actors and fundamental concepts of tourism events to analyze current sectoral data and to detect new trends.
Plan and manage different types necessary for the organization of an event (design, marketing, production and evaluation) activities.
Design and plan communication activities and events marketing, understanding the vision of the company that hires the organization of an event.
The mobilization and marketing of an event, taking into account the different methods of measuring ROI on events.
Analyze and apply the skills needed for management and communication teams and managing human resources office and organizational communication.
Plan and carry out work of sectoral analysis and business plans in the field of tourism events.
Distinguish and interpret the role and powers of patronage to analyze the structure of a plan sponsorship and legal considerations.
Masters titles, UAB treated as equivalent concepts of general competence and cross competition and therefore, in the section detailing general skills competitions only.
Analyze, think critically, synthesize, organize and plan environments and management actions.
Teamwork and acquire leadership skills.
Adapt to new situations, gaining initiative to develop innovative and competitive strategies.
Guides teachers modules
- Module 1: Tourism Events. Management and Planning Techniques Event
- Module 2: Marketing and Event Management
- Module 3: Organisation of Congresses and fairs
- Module 4: Organization of social, corporate events and communication
- Module 5: Final Master Thesis
- Module 6: Placement
Master Thesis work
The student must perform a search on a topic of interest related to the contents of the Master. Each / a have a teacher / tutor / a to develop his thesis.
Below are listed some of the best theses presented in recent years:
- 2015. Analysis of accessibility in tourism silks events in Barcelona. Tatiana Montes. Work finalist Red Intur Awards Best Tourism Master thesis 2015
- Europride 2014. Proposta candidacy Barcelona 2020. Anàlisi de l'entorn i essencials factors orientats a l'Success of participació. Cristina Alvarez.
- Anàlisi 2014. dels principals elements per drive an International Audiovisual Fira lligada the International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia. Marta Garcia.
- 2013. Barcelona and Singapore, two important models in business tourism. Imma Augustine.
- 2013. Anàlisi of Negocis promoció of turisme of Tarragona. Maria Helena Andrés.
- 2012. The positioning of business tourism in Morocco 2020. Case Study: Marrakech. Walid Ait M'Barka.
- 2012. The management of human resources in the "professional congress organizers" (opt) of the city of Barcelona: analysis of five cases. Silvia Lamagrande.
Program taught in: