The area to which the master belongs is between 51 and 100 positions of the fourth edition of the QS World University Rankings by Subject The Master in Archives and Records Management It provides an integrated solution in the field of archives and documents Geston that enables students to develop their work in public and private organizations, both historical documents and administrative and support any training.
It also provides the necessary training for the implementation of archival techniques and the incorporation of new technologies in file management and in the design and management of document management systems of organizations, while developing critical thinking, ethical values professional archival and innovation capacity.
- File Services state, local and state administration.
- Files banking companies, banks, insurance, legal and tax advisory services, and consulting.
- Business organization and custody of files.
- Files universities and schools.
- Files institutions and public entities.
- Files chemical companies, pharmaceutical and clinical.
- Companies information technology.
- Files media (television, radio and press).
- File associations, private institutions and professional associations.
- Files ecclesiastical institutions.
Practical guide for international students
The master, which consists of 120 total ECTS, will be developed over two years of 60 ECTS each. The curriculum is structured around 11 modules mandatory with a load of 10 ECTS each, except for the modules 8 (Management of File Services) and 11 (Working Final Master) with 15 ECTS each one.
Structure of the curriculum
The Master is aimed at people with university degrees who wish to train to work professionally in the field of document management and archiving, both in the public and private sectors and members of administrative documents or documentary heritage. Thus, studies are suitable for people with interest in both the administrative aspects as historical documents and relative to the context of production in traditional formats and resulting from the application of information technology. Shall possess capacity for innovation, organization, planning, communication, and interdisciplinary and team work.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context
- That the students can apply the broader (or multidisciplinary) acquired knowledge and ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within contexts related to their field of study
- Students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments
- Students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous
- Demonstrate an understanding the evolution of archival and its concepts and fundamentals.
- Using the terminology of diplomatic and apply the tools offered to medieval, modern and contemporary documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the bases of law and the legal status of documents in public and private organizations
- Producers identify documents and documentaries that have generated funds and / or generate
- Working with sources, methods, tools and techniques of scientific research of archival own
- Evaluate and select tools document management file according to use and needs.
- Analyze the structure and operation of public and private organizations.
- Management systems use information and knowledge
- Analyzing and designing administrative and documentary production circuits.
- Recognize the conditions of preservation of each type of documentary support.
- Recognize the context of production of documents.
- Designing systems of classification of documents
- Apply methods of description and retrieval of documents.
- Design and implement document management systems in organizations.
- Design and implement systems management services file.
- Define and evaluate the equipment and conditions of the services file.
- Design and implement action plans and develop cultural promotion and dissemination of archive services and their documentary collections.
- Apply document evaluation systems.
- Recognize the legal regime and the rules on the preservation and access to documents and data protection and apply them.
- Analyze the structure of electronic documents.
- Apply the requirements and standards (integrity, authenticity, preservation, metadata ...) in the management of electronic documents.
- Recognize the conditions and forms of access to the labor market and professional practice.
- Integrate knowledge and skills in the practical exercise and the development of an academic or professional work in the field of archival and records management.
- Think critically and demonstrate ethical and social commitment and have respect for diversity and multiculturalism
- Working independently, solving problems and making decisions
- Analyze, synthesize, organize and plan environments and management actions
- Communicate knowledge orally and in writing
- Working in interdisciplinary teams
- Adapt to new situations, have leadership skills and initiative
- Generate innovative and competitive proposals
- Update and recycle knowledge through continuing education.
This school offers programs in: