Official Master’s Degree in Sport Management Online
The Johan Cruyff Institute and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) collaborate in teaching and employability. Both institutions jointly deliver the Official Master’s Degree in Sport Management linked to the Faculty of Economics and Business of the UAB. The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona was ranked the best Spanish university in the 2015-16 edition of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, occupying position 146 in the world ranking.
The Official Master’s Degree in Sport Management is a 13-month program that examines the most important aspects of management applied to sport.
The requirements for admission are:
- An official university degree or its international equivalent. * Degree qualification and academic certificates issued by institutions in countries outside the EU must be official documents issued by the competent authorities and legalized via diplomatic channels or, where necessary, via the Hague Apostille.
- For the English language group, a level corresponding to the B2 level of English in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is required. Similarly, for the Spanish group, a level of Spanish corresponding to the CEFR B2 level is required.
- Pass an entrance exam on general knowledge of the Master’s subjects.
*Depending on your degree you may be asked to take complementary courses as a prerequisite for admission (4 ECTS each one).
Also available on campus in Barcelona (in Spanish)
The Official Master’s Degree in Sport Management is right for you, if:
- You’re an (ex) athlete looking for education and a degree in sport management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in a business environment and want to specialize in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a Master specializing in the administration and management of sports.
- You’re a working professional who wishes to focus on a career in the sports industry.
Upon the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sport industry from a business perspective.
- Create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture geared towards innovation in sport organizations.
- Use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- Detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- Interpret the financial statements of a sport organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- Optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments, and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication, and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that brings you closer to the business side of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).
DURATION & PRICE
Modality: Online or on campus (Barcelona) in Spanish
Start date: September 17th, 2018
Duration: 11 months
Price: € 8,880.-
Deadline. Request info