MASTER DEGREE OPEN DAY
8 MAY 2017
AULA MAGNA RETTORATO (Banchi di Sotto, 55 - Siena)
FROM 9 AM TO 7 PM
The presentation will be streamed live on the University portal at http://live.unisi.it/
On Monday, 8th May 2017, the doors will open at Siena University in order to discover the University's Master Degree programmes.
Starting at 9 am in the Aula Magna of the Palazzo del Rettorato, the Presidents of the Teaching Committees for Study Courses and the Deputies for Vocational Guidance and Counselling Services will present the range of advanced courses of the University of Siena.
If you have just completed a three-year degree programme and you wish to specialise, the Open Day is an opportunity to discover your path within a wide offer of training courses which includes 29 master degree programmes, including 13 in English, and which ranges from humanities to sciences.
The English graduate programmes will be presented in English.
The presentation will be streamed live on the University portal at http://live.unisi.it/ During the event, you will also be able to contact the tutor students in attendance by Skype for explanations and information at the following accounts: unisi.orientamento unisi.orientamento2
PHYSICS, ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS AREA
from 05:00 to 07:00 pm Presentation of the Master degree courses by the Head of the Department of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences Prof Andrea Garulli, and by the vocational guidance Deputy, Prof Domenico Prattichizzo and Prof Luca Chiantini:
- Computer and Automation Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Engineering management
- Applied Mathematics
- Language: English (Level B1 required)
- Numerus clausus: No
- Double degree: Universidad Carlos III - Madrid (Spagna)
The Master's Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering aims to form a graduate with advanced skills in processing and information-transmission systems of and to provide more specific knowledge in the design of devices and electronic systems. It provides the skills and methodological tools needed to design and develop systems for signal and image processing, antenna design, microwave systems and devices, analog and digital electronic design with applications in the fields of electronics, telecommunications. The program provides methodologies of advanced mathematical calculus, in particular functional and complex analysis, in order to introduce the necessary tools to model and formalize the solutions of complex information engineering problems.
Study plan 2015/16
- Advanced digital image processing 9 ECTF
- Reliability and design for safety 6 ECTF
- Analog circuit design 6 ECTF
- Microwave and optical engineering 9 ECTF
- Networking 6 ECTF
- Mathematical methods for engineering A 6 ECTF
- Statistical signal processing 6 ECTF
- Antennas and propagation 9 ECTF
- Altre attività per ulteriori conoscenze linguistiche (Inglese livello B2) 3 ECTF
- Digital communication 9 ECTF
- Information theory 6 ECTF
- Tirocinio 9 ECTF
- Prova finale (tesi) 18 ECTF
- Tre insegnamenti a scelta dal seguente gruppo (per un totale di 18 ECTF): Design of application and services 6, Electric system and energy market 6, Industrial measurements laboratory 6, RFID technologies 6, Communication technologies for energy 6, Mobile communications and security 6,Multimedia security 6, Sensors and microsystems
In order to apply to the 2016/17 academic year you will have to send all your documents to the Academic Committee of the course you are interested in for the evaluation and you will be able to do that (approx. from mid January 16 on) through an online platform that you will find by filling in the form on this page.
For second cycle (laurea magistrale) degree programs taught in English (documents must be submitted in English)
- evaluation form (please note: the form must be completed in all parts)
- curriculum vitae
- transcript of records of the first cycle degree possessed
- certificate of proficiency in English, with language level - copy of passport or identity card
Tuition fee for the MSc courses can be up to around 2000 euros per academic year but part of the fee is based on your family income and students are required to produce an official declaration of the economic status of the family unit for the previous year issued by the home country tax office, legally translated into Italian with the Embassy/Consulate duty stamps.
Tuition fees have to be paid in three different moments: the first part when you complete the enrolment procedure, the second in January, the third part in May.
Scholarship and accommodation
Scholarship and accomodation are not granted by the University itself but by the DSU and are based on family income and merit. Call for scholarship and accomodation is usually out in the month each year so we advice you should keep an eye on their website www.dsu-toscana.it
International Place - Sportello integrato internazionale
Università di Siena
Via Banchi di Sotto, 55 53100 - Siena (Italia)
Tel. +39 0577 232293/2034 e-mail email@example.com
Facebook Fan Page: International Place Università di Siena
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 20, 2017