"Companies are complex social systems that demand clarity in the objectives, orientation and direction. Companies that tune these systems through the creation of what we call advantage through people, that is, the ability to gain a competitive advantage through strategies of people, will position themselves ahead of their competitors. The above statement appears in the "Creating People Advantage" paper that The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and the World Federation of Personnel Management Associations (WFPMA) conducted to guide organizations on how to address HR challenges across the globe. world.
In this context, the Master of Human Talent Management of the University of America addresses the two essential aspects of the more complex and more transcendent problem faced by organizations in the era of globalization. In the first aspect, the program provides theoretical and technical tools to determine how human talent management will turn the organization's people's intelligence, creativity and initiative into a quantifiable strategic advantage. In the second aspect of the problem, it develops in students the capacity to create the psychosocial conditions that allow workers to commit themselves to putting their talent to the service of the success of the organization.
- The Master of Human Talent Management of the University of America seeks to develop in the masters the competencies required to increase their capacity for leadership, creativity, communication, vision and action as strategic managers of the company, with universal thinking and global vision, demonstrated through the application and execution of innovative systems in the management of human talent.
- To form managers of agents of change, with human capacity, that organize, direct and project the Human Talent area inside and outside the organization.
- Enable the master in tools that allow him to design and implement research aimed at analyzing the organizational processes that influence the management of people and by designing innovative and effective strategies to generate value for the company and with this, competitive advantages for the progress of the organization.
The Master's Program in Human Talent Management is aimed at professionals in economic and administrative sciences, engineering, humanities and social sciences, who hold positions of Human Talent Management, Human Talent Management, Human Management consulting and group leadership, such as executives from the different functional areas of public and private companies, as well as managers who want to enhance the results of the organization from the perspective of human management.
The Master's Degree in Human Talent Management at the University of America forms masters capable of leading, with a high sense of ethics and values, the processes of human management in organizations that are capable of contributing to the achievement of organizational objectives through the application of innovative Human Talent Management strategies framed within the fundamental concepts of Social Sciences and Administration and of managing knowledge within the organization in such a way as to generate innovation within the processes of the company. He will also develop skills that allow him to argue and propose research oriented to analyze the organizational processes that affect the management of people.
The occupational profile describes the possible and most relevant areas of work performance, the responsibilities that it is incumbent to assume, the functions and positions it can perform and the type of institutions where it is required to act as a Magister in Human Talent Management, characterized by the ethical and responsible management that prints the institutional philosophy. The Master of Human Talent Management at the University of America is a professional who, based on his basic training and responding to the needs of the country and the region, will be able to perform as Human Talent Manager; Consultant in Human and Internal Talent Management; Director of training and training of Human Talent; Director of Strategic Planning for Human Talent; Director of human development, in companies of the public and private sectors.
The Master's Program in Human Talent Management seeks the integral ethical-social formation of the magisterial with high social commitment, with a solid scientific foundation that allows it to analyze the social, economic and political context, with the capacity to adapt its organization to the environment and prepare it to respond with quality products or services to the demands of the members of the society in which it acts. From this perspective, the Master of Human Talent Management at the University of America proposes as a goal a program that provides the student with the knowledge and skills required to develop the necessary skills to facilitate decision making and solving business problems, from the research and by designing innovative and effective strategies that generate value for the company and with this, competitive advantages for the progress of the organization, from a human perspective, in a turbulent business environment and more and more markets that increase their complexity.
For this reason the program will allow the student to develop competencies to:
- Generate competitive advantages for the organization, based on the management of shared knowledge, achieved through the development of people, to ensure that their performance is in accordance with the strategic direction and culture of the company and achieves the established indicators.
- Develop managerial and leadership skills for human management, based on the knowledge of the most effective concepts and administrative practices, taking into account the organization's processes, which allow it to participate in the formulation of the strategic plans, based on the diagnosis of environmental forces and in accordance with the guidelines established in the strategic direction of the company.
- Apply innovative systems in the management of human talent based on the identification, classification, projection and transfer of knowledge accumulated as an experience of the organization, in a way that improves the employee's performance and allows him to contribute in the generation of competitive advantages to the company and thus develop individual and organizational learning that generates a culture of change, taking into account the interests of the people and is in accordance with the needs and strategies of the organization and the demands of the environment.
- Recognize the nature and specificity of research and consulting in the human management sciences, developing and evaluating their relevance and epistemological, ontological and methodological dimensions.
- Recognize the competency management model based on the knowledge of the concepts and practices of the integral Human Talent management in an organization, taking into account the guidelines established in the strategic direction.
- Identify the variables present in the study of the behavior of individuals and groups within the context of an organization and explain their relationship with individual performance and organizational productivity taking into account the established strategic direction.
- Understand the labor relations processes that are developed in the organization, based on the knowledge and administrative application of the current labor legislation and the parameters established in the strategic direction of the company.
- Develop skills to integrate knowledge that will allow them to face the complexity of making judgments from the information and the comprehensive, analytical and value knowledge of theories and research on innovation taking into account the strategic objectives of the organization.
- To develop the individual and organizational learning that allows to generate a culture of change in the company, taking into account the interests of the people and the needs and strategies of the organization, from the identification and transmission of tacit and explicit knowledge to all those involved in organizational processes.
- Develop skills for conflict management, focused on assertiveness and collaboration, to increase effectiveness, improve the work environment, quality of service and the identity of the work team, in accordance with the guidelines established in the strategic orientation of the company.
The Master in Human Talent Management lasts four semesters, distributed in two (2) years, for a total of six hundred and twenty-four (624) hours in person.
Lines of investigation
The main aim of the training research in the Master's Degree in Human Talent Management is the active participation of students in the master's degree, which will be promoted transversally throughout the four semesters that constitute it.
- Research Line Training and Management Growth: Colombian organizations, in harmony with globalization, are acceding to higher levels of complexity and applying the logic according to which it is necessary to have a complex mind to direct a complex organization, then the products research and workshops on the growth and development of the person are relevant, in accordance with the present approach, for the training of students of the Master's in Human Talent Management. In that sense, its objective is to construct theoretical models and methodological tools and didactic techniques to provide managers of Colombian organizations and institutions with an integral training in line with the complexity era of the 21st century, to manage, face the challenges in a professional way and manage subtle, abstract and complex transformations in which they are immersed.
- The Organizational Culture as a Transformation of Colombian Organizations: from this approach will be advanced on the deepening of the organizational culture and its incidence in terms of competitiveness in organizations. The line will support the dialogue between the theoretical and the practical from where it will be possible to generate knowledge about the local and national context of the organizational culture.
In this sense, its objective is to analyze the culture of Colombian organizations and from there the construction of models that allow to develop the competitiveness from all the levels of the organization (strategic, tactical and operative).
With a flexible, open and participatory approach, the student is the active agent of the learning process and the teacher is a facilitator and guide, using the following methodology: Face classes, in which the themes are conceptually presented and the model cases will be developed by part of the instructor, the participants will be guided by an expert teacher in the subject, in addition to all the digital and technological platform necessary to fill each strategic exercise.
- Seminar , academic work that revolves around thematic modules and / or problem modules to allow the intersection of different points of view and methods of solution.
- Workshop: It is the set of activities that integrate and apply theoretical elements of knowledge with the analysis of everyday situations, social phenomena, natural, etc.
- Working group: A form of work that leads to the construction of groups and groups to solve problems and take joint actions that simultaneously promote advances in the field of research and production.
- Problem-based learning: Known as ABP, in this model the student is the one who seeks the learning he considers necessary to solve the problems that arise, which combine learning from different areas of knowledge. The method has implicit in its work dynamics the development of skills, attitudes and values beneficial for personal and professional improvement of the student
Related academic practices are aimed at, among others, the development of critical thinking, interpersonal understanding, the solution of problems in the environment according to the nature of the Program and in the framework of interdisciplinarity, flexibility of the program and permanent search for the quality of the curriculum. These activities will also support the process of development and evaluation of competencies.
Magister in Human Talent Management, title that is supported in Resolution No. 10691 of June 1, 2016 of the Ministry of National Education.
This school offers programs in: