The Master in Computer Science and Computer Technologies prepares professionals in the area of Information Technology so that upon completion of their postgraduate course they can develop themselves as managers of computer centers, computer project leaders, computer entrepreneurs or consultants for the implementation of technologies of information in national and / or foreign companies, professors of universities imparting high teaching and researchers in centers of technological development. In addition the program is supported academically by experts in the area of national and foreign information technologies of various universities that support us as visiting professors, most of them with PhD.
According to the context of regional, national and international development, it is indisputable that science and technology are important elements in the development of humanity. In Aguascalientes, as in the country, changes are facing and challenges are posed to the need to have a higher quality of life for the population.
Within the curriculum of the Master's Degree in Computer Science and Computational Technologies there are two subjects, Selected Topics in Computer Science I and II, in which topics of current or emerging technologies are taught; In addition, the subject programs are constantly being updated to ensure the constant renewal of students and that the general postgraduate program is at the forefront.
The subjects do not have a seriation, avoiding with this that the student deserts in case of not approving a subject of the previous semester.
Although classes are present the student receives advice and feedback via the internet and the material of classes is available in electronic form.
The program is designed in such a way that the student who only courses the propaedeutics has the right to a Diploma and the student who attends a year of the master's degree will be entitled to the diploma of Specialty in Computer Science, as well as the one that culminates the curricular structure will obtain the title of masters.
It is important to mention that this masters program has international agreements with the United States and Canada to study a semester of the master's degree in these countries and / or to make theses related to its area of study.
The research lines offered by the Master are:
- Engineering / systems approach for the improvement of organizational processes using IT / IS.
- Models of management and evaluation of systems and IT in organizations.
- Software engineering technology and learning objects.
To transmit to the student the strategic, technical and engineering knowledge of the Information Technology area that will transform it into a highly competitive agent of technological change capable of accelerating change in a proactive way, to the benefit of national or international organizations where I developed.
Objectives related to knowledge:
- That the student understands, applies, analyzes and adapts cutting-edge methodologies, tools and technologies in the construction of innovative information systems that contribute to decision making in modern organizations.
- The student develops a strategic vision that allows him to efficiently plan, evaluate, integrate and manage the information technology resources of an organization.
- Provide the student with the knowledge of the main emerging IT in the area of computer science that allow him to make the technological changes within the organization.
- To train the student in diverse lines of investigation related to the area of IT in order that they develop the abilities and technological knowledge that can use and to promote its adoption in the different organizational structures in which it performs.
- Provide the student with sufficient tools that help him to discern between the existing technological possibilities, so that they can contribute to the solution and prevention of problems in the organization.
The MITC graduate will be characterized by having an integral and interdisciplinary vision supported by the following knowledge, skills, attitudes and values:
- Strategic computing to align systems and information technologies, with business strategy, which will allow the graduate to exercise the role of CIO in organizations.
- Distributed, web-based and intelligent information systems to support the design of systems for strategic and tactical decision-making, transforming the graduate into an agent of change.
- Various formal methodologies for the planning, modeling and development of information systems, as well as administrative techniques related to the area of information technologies forming proactive entities.
- The main emerging technologies of avant-garde and with potential to be applied in the short and medium term in the national and international scope.
- The main business processes of organizations and supply chains that can be efficient through the use of resources related to information systems and technologies (IS / IT).
- State-of-the-art technology related to the set of strategies and tools for knowledge management through analysis of large volumes of data.
- Techniques and formal tools of practical and applied research for the formulation, formalization and presentation of protocols and results of titling projects.
- Evaluate, diagnose, plan, implement and manage projects in Information Systems and Technologies.
- Identify the potential of emerging Information Technologies to design solutions and business applications that contribute to the improvement, updating and alignment of business resources.
- Perform functions of consulting, project coordination, teaching and research in the area of Information Technologies.
- Act as a liaison between technology specialists and business managers.
- Plan, conduct and report applications in the field of Technologies and Information Systems.
- Lead and coordinate technological projects with multidisciplinary teams.
- Systematize and automate business processes through the use of technological and information tools that allow its efficient operation.
- Develop and implement proposals for technological solutions that contribute to the resolution of failures or deficiencies in the computer environment of companies.
- Interest and ability to constantly update and enrich the field of computing and computing through the integration of technological knowledge and skills.
- Interest in publishing and disseminating the professional practice of the area within the ethical and service guidelines promoted by the corresponding colleges and associations.
- High sense of responsibility, ethics and personal commitment to the organization, the environment and the specialized scientific communities in general.
- Critique, observation, reflection and willingness to be agents of change and contribute to the development and application of world-class Information Technologies in the local, state, regional, national and global environment.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
To obtain the Master's Degree in Computer Science and Computational Technologies, the following requirements must be met:
- Comply with the established in the General Regulation of Teaching in force, which specifies among the most important:
- Have reached the academic credits indicated in the curriculum.
- Have developed, defended and approved an original thesis or case study of the area.
- Have a minimum overall average of 8.0 during the program.
Program taught in: