M. Sc. in Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing for Landscape Planning at the Catholic University of Avila and the Moscow State University.
The main objective of the International M. Sc. in Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing for Landscape Planning is to provide students with advanced training in the latest geospatial techniques. The course will present these new technology theories and training in environmental and landscape planning.
The Masters will be jointly conducted by the Catholic University of Ávila and Moscow State University, one of the world's most prestigious academic institutions. In this international environment, students will learn the technical basics and the latest trends to be able to join international, interdisciplinary projects of territorial planning, urban management, environment, forest resource management, risk assessment and water resources management.
The expert knowledge and use of these tools is now absolutely essential for urban and regional planning, environmental analysis and management, water resources management, to logistics and environmental consulting, civil engineering, meteorology, forestry, oceanography, geophysical exploration, digital image enhancement and applied research.
Finally, the International M. Sc. in Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing for Landscape Planning also seeks to give the opportunity to students who wish to enter higher education doctorate.
We welcome applications from motivated students that hold a bachelor degree comprising of the following subjects/educational areas:
- Environmental Sciences
- Spatial Planning
- Water and Infrastructure Engineering*
- Surveying and Land Management
- Cultural Heritage
- Environmental Sciences
The candidate's proficiency in spoken and written English is a condition for admission. Such proficiency has to be proven if the presented final certificate was not acquired from an English-speaking college or university. Alternatively, proof of proficiency can be provided by adequate language certificates in conjunction with an assessment test held by the Catholic University of Ávila.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 5.5
- First Certificate – Cambridge ESOL exams
- TOEFL IBT (87-109)
- Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage
- Business Language Testing Service BULATS Nivel 3 (60-74)
- Michigan ECCE (Examination for the Competency in English)
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication): 650
- Pearson Test English: PTE General (Level 3) PTE Academic (59-75)
- Erasmus Scholarship or similar academic year or semester abroad.
- B2 level certificate from any University.
- UCAV proficiency test
This school offers programs in: