Now is the time to learn the language of business.
When you choose the Masters of Science in Accounting and Business Advisory Services program you'll go beyond just accounting; you'll build your knowledge in areas of finance and information systems, too.
This is a specialized degree program designed to both further the success of current accounting professionals and equip career-changers with the skills necessary to enter and excel in this industry. This innovative program is ideal for those interested in the areas of public accounting, corporate or nonprofit accounting.
Enhance Your Accounting Career
The M.S. in Accounting and Business Advisory Services programs gives you the competitive advantage and the technical skills you need for effective and ethical business consulting and is an ideal choice if you are looking to:
- build on your undergraduate degree;
- satisfy some of the coursework to sit for the CPA exam;
- fulfill the 150 hours of education requirement for a certified public accountant license in Maryland;
- apply accounting knowledge and concepts to regulatory environments, external reporting, securities acts, and Sarbanes-Oxley;
- possess the necessary research skills to study business and accounting problems effectively;
- define business information needs and the technological solutions to meet those needs.
Develop Essential Skills
Through this program, you’ll become knowledgeable in:
- contemporary issues in financial reporting;
- managerial cost and control systems;
- assurance services;
- financial analysis and strategy;
- investment analysis;
- database management systems analysis.
- combine academic scholarship with practical experience;
- have a full range of knowledge in accounting and business advisory issues;
- are active consultants in their fields of expertise;
- regularly publish articles in major journals;
- create relationships with industry professionals from which you can benefit;
- Learn more about our accounting faculty.
Know the Program
We are accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in business administration and the highest distinction that business schools can receive worldwide. The program was designed with working professionals in mind; our classes are offered evenings, and many are also offered online.
Program taught in: