In support of Daemen College's mission to prepare students for life and leadership in a complex multicultural world, the Master of Science in Global Business is designed to provide business perspective and expertise to facilitate sustained economic growth. The program relies on experienced professionals who incorporate collaborative and integrative business strategies necessary for the development of outstanding, ethical business leaders. The MSGB program inspires graduates to become responsible and resourceful global citizens.
- Close interaction with internationally experienced faculty.
- Relevant coursework including current events.
- Projects with international companies.
- A three-stage academic program that logically advances students through the 30-credit hour curriculum.
- A superior academic facility offers a state-of-the-art computer teaching lab, a computer usage lab, distance learning facilities, free remote access to the internet/e-mail, and experienced technological personnel to assist students.
- Specializations in either marketing or accounting.
- Small class sizes (8:1 student/teacher ratio) help facilitate enhanced interaction with faculty members dedicated to teaching excellence and providing personal attention to each student.
- Created for the working adult, classes are offered evenings.
Program Design/Specialty Track
Students can complete a general program in Global Business or can select a Marketing or Accounting track. An undergraduate degree in Accounting is required for admission to the Accounting track. Students with an undergraduate degree in another discipline can complete the Accounting Certificate program to qualify for the Accounting track.
Upon completion of the master’s program in Global Business, graduates:
- Demonstrate creative critical thinking skills to recognize problems, analyze uncertain situations, interpret evidence, develop alternative solutions, and adapt and innovate with a global perspective.
- Recognize the opportunities and challenges of globalization and apply managerial skills to global business.
- Recognize ethical problems and apply standards of ethical behavior to management decisions.
- Recognize the importance of corporate responsibility and incorporate socially responsible actions in the development of global organizational strategies.
- Use technology and appropriate quantitative methods as tools of effective management.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate well-developed leadership and teamwork skills for the effective implementation of mission-driven organizational policy in a multicultural global environment.
- Integrate theoretical and practical applications across functional business areas and networks for the purpose of strategic planning, implementation, and control.
- Short and long-term study abroad.
- Internships in international companies.
- Intensive Spanish language training in Mexico.
- Scholarships are available.
M.S. Global Business Scholarships
Four $1,500 scholarships are available annually to new, full-time students in the MS Global Business program. These scholarships will be awarded based upon an application and essay submitted to a committee of the graduate faculty from the program. The scholarship will be pro-rated between two semesters ($750/semester).
Daemen College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: M.S. Global Business.
Bachelor’s degree in a business related field(online bridge courses are available if you have a bachelor's degree in another field).
- GMAT only required if your GPA is below 3.0
- TOEFL for international students(Minimum 79 TOEFL or minimum 6.5 IELTS)
- Submit a complete application form, a personal goal statement and two letters of recommendation.
- Provide official transcripts from the institution that awarded the bachelor's degree and any work completed at the graduate level.
International Students obtain official transcripts from one of these companies: Josef Silny Associates, World Education Services, or Educational Credential Evaluators.
*Additional Requirements for the Accounting Track:
Undergraduate degree must be in Accounting(An undergraduate Accounting Certificate program is available to students who want the Accounting track but do not have an undergraduate Accounting background
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018