Shape the future of our cities with the Smart City Design M.A.
Do you want to make an impact in the transitions of modern cities? Whether it is charging points for electric vehicles, smart parking or intelligent mobility solutions, the need to transform our fast-growing cities in terms of sustainability is more important than ever.
Digitization and global population growth will have a wide impact on telecommunications, energy supply, urban transport and housing in urban areas. In many parts of the world, smart concepts for cities are already being developed to meet the increasing demands for comfort, safety, and energy efficiency.
If you are interested in urban innovation and want to develop innovative services addressing the new challenges cities are facing, then the Master program Smart City Design at Macromedia University is just the right path for you. Depending upon your interest, you can start your career in diverse areas such as mobility, construction & architecture, interior design, sustainability as well as culture and public administration.
The Master’s degree in Smart City Design is taught in English and is designed to provide you with sound competencies in design, business, and management. You will be studying topics of architecture, ecology, and sociology with an emphasis on digital services. You will learn to analyze requirements, opportunities, and risks in order to develop realistic future scenarios for the urban environment.
Through project work and case studies, you will learn about the emerging trends such as autonomous driving, renewable energies, and e-governance. The study course provides you with, among other things, expert knowledge about modern working methods such as agile project management and design thinking.
After the program, you are prepared to play an active role in shaping the future of cities by taking responsibility for your work projects, for instance, in the area of mobility, trade, communication, housing or business.
- Design Manager
- City Marketing Manager
- Smart City Strategy Expert
- Manager in Business and Urban Solutions
- Manager in the Design and Urban Solutions
- Manager Smart City Mobility
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” as well as top 6 and top 9 “Best student cities 2017”.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Pre-Semester course available online.
- Buddy network for international students.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS. Applicants with less than 210 ECTS must complete the Pre-semester.
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
The Pre-Semester is a foundation for applicants with less than 210 ECTS from their Bachelor’s degree. It is offered in English on the Munich and Berlin campus' every October. The MA programs start subsequently in March. Alternatively, students can complete the Pre-Semester online in March when the M.A. program begins.
- Master EU: €6,000 installment amount per semester plus one-off €500 registration fee*
- Master Non-EU: €6,000 installment amount per semester plus one-off €750 registration fee*
- Pre-Semester EU (attendance study): €6,000 plus one-off €500 registration fee*
- Pre-Semester NON-EU (attendance study): €6,000 plus one-off €750 registration fee*
*Prices quoted as of September 2017 are subject to modifications and errors.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Get in touch with us
Our Student Advisors are always happy to answer your questions. You can use our online chat or contact us via WhatsApp to talk to us. You can also give us a call or use the information request form on our international website www.macromedia-university.com. We look forward to getting to know you.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 17, 2018